Pink Floyed member died today

Aye ***** he will.:(
I knew some members on here liked Floyed tha why I posted it.

Sad news,
That (our) generation is fading away :eek:
I never tought i would outlive him :(

The first time I saw Pink Floyd was at the Coventry theatre as a lad on a megga show with Jimmi Hendrix, the Nice, Amen Corner and the Move, a real night to remember.
The second time I saw the Floyd was at Mothers Club In Erdington Birmingham, which we used to frequent as all the best bands played there.
On this particular occasion, when Piper at the gates of dawn had just been released. Pink floyd, as we had arrived incredible early, ( it was murder at the bar) were sat outside in a short wheel base Transit eating fish and chips.
As aspiring musicians ourselves we were to play there many years later on John Peels thursday night New talent spot. The high Point of that bands existance.
Our manager Paul, also now long deceased, fed up with our lack of commitment went on to become part of their road crew, his job on the dark side of the moon tour was to release the plane that crashed into the wall.

I cried when they reformed for the live 8 concert, hoping that the genius would re-invent.

My memory now is of gazing in at Rick, Roger, Nick and Syd in that Transit.

I'm feeling uncomfortably numb!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news but I am sure you's would have found out sooner or later.

:eek:I have been thinking about this a lot today, Its not that long since Syd popped this mortal coil and now Rick Wright.
It must be part of growing old..... but how come we are still hearing of Black and white movie stars popping their clogs aged 98, 106, 789, etc, people that were old when I was at primary school.
I really begin to wonder if it was the rock and roll lifestyle that takes even long reformed charecters like Rick and George Harrison, et, al.
If so ......... Boy am I s**t SCARED:eek::eek::eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back