photos of wid camping in scarborough and at hutoft 2012

if we're going to have all these rules and i have to worry about being bollocked by strange MHers for sitting outside my van rather than in it,and not daring to put the awning out to keep the sun or rain off,then something is lost.
what am i missing here? this is like being offended by neighbour's washing lines,or untidy gardens.how is someone sitting in a chair offensive?we all need a sitdown sometimes

if we're going to have all these rules and i have to worry about being bollocked by strange MHers for sitting outside my van rather than in it,and not daring to put the awning out to keep the sun or rain off,then something is lost.
what am i missing here? this is like being offended by neighbour's washing lines,or untidy gardens.how is someone sitting in a chair offensive?we all need a sitdown sometimes

I totally agree I have never had the luxury of an awning on any of my motorhomes if I did I would more than likely daring to put it up but we don't make the rules up but yes I love going to Scarborough but have not being able to get there for the last three years so as my van has been laid up. waiting for renovation. the first post I ever saw on this site I thought it was some kind of wind up then more threads appeared so these rules are beyond me and you won't get a straight answer from Scarborough council so there is something missing Scarborough council need dissecting to see what part of their brain don't work

I have to confess that I don't have the awning out while wildcamping, to me a wild camp spot is somewhere to sleep for a night or two. I think that I would be affronted if I saw a m/h parked on Southsea seafront with its canopy out over the pavement.

I have to confess that I don't have the awning out while wildcamping, to me a wild camp spot is somewhere to sleep for a night or two. I think that I would be affronted if I saw a m/h parked on Southsea seafront with its canopy out over the pavement.

I have not been there yet but if anything like Scarborough most of the time when I've been it's never been all that full on the seafront especially evening it's practically empty and out the way of residents houses so why do they complain

thanks to everybody

thanks to every one on here for your kind remarks we are not a young couple i am mid fifties and my wife is in her sixties and we have been doing wild camping for eight years we put our awning out and our chairs to be sociable to our neighbours as it was raining and the lady in the motor home next door was celebrating her birthday so she did some sandwiches etc and my wife baked her a birthday cake we were joined by a few other people from other motor homes to celebrate it as this was at night time and a good time was had by all but the party only went on till 9 pm so it was only a short party so we would not disturb any other campers this is the only time my awning was out , i know you have to be carefull when wilding as some locals dont like us so I know what some of the campers mean kind regards to all .:wave:

thanks to every one on here for your kind remarks we are not a young couple i am mid fifties and my wife is in her sixties and we have been doing wild camping for eight years we put our awning out and our chairs to be sociable to our neighbours as it was raining and the lady in the motor home next door was celebrating her birthday so she did some sandwiches etc and my wife baked her a birthday cake we were joined by a few other people from other motor homes to celebrate it as this was at night time and a good time was had by all but the party only went on till 9 pm so it was only a short party so we would not disturb any other campers this is the only time my awning was out , i know you have to be carefull when wilding as some locals dont like us so I know what some of the campers mean kind regards to all .:wave:

Well said kontiki man. and may the discrimination about our motorhomes come to an end
One of these days

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back