Phil & Nida on the move !

Having lived in North Wales for many years I can assure you that this story is an urban myth! I have heard the story repeated time and time again but it is always based on what someone else experienced. You know the line - "I know a man who told me that his mother in law once went into a shop in North Wales where everyone was talking to each other in English but when she asked if she could buy a packet of crisps in an English accent everyone else in the shop started talking in Welsh".
Having experienced this first hand I can assure you it happens. And it is not always based on what someone else experienced (see the first sentence).
Maybe it is not that common, but don't come on and tell someone they did not experience what they did.

Oh - and was it in North Wales? You tell me - is Llandudno in North Wales? ( I think it is, but maybe I was wrong about that as well?)

Both a cat and a dog have said it has happened to them, who wouldn't believe a cat and a dog!!

I do

Wednesday 28th.
To Brodick for the 12:30 sailing.
Check-in by midday.
Arrive Ardrossan 13:30.
Sea very calm !
TTWTDI (Mr Punch, wife Judy)

Too busy @ Blue bank 2.
Now at Goathland moor.
2 areas. We are using the big layby opposite the junction .

A quiet few days.
Wednesday met old friends for dinner in Sleights.
Overnight at Goathland.
A very nice camp south of York. (Bleak farm C&CC £10)
Wild at Selby then at Crowle.
Tonight a camp at Barton on Humber before visiting John Cooper in Scunthorpe tomorrow (Monday)i.
This to swap out our bathroom tap AND maybe fix minor plumbing leaks.
Back to Maidenhead asap.
2nd Covid jabs just booked for Saturday 14th (Maidenhead)
Maidenhead being 200 miles from Scunthorpe will be "done" in one hit.
Mr Google suggests 3hours but likely to be 4 plus a stop for coffee.

That seemed to go well !
Short drive to "Sunny Scunny"
A suitable tap was found and fitted.and returned the wrong size one
All the pipe connectors changed.09:30 to 11:00 £100 bill
Only minor slowdowns on M1 and M40.
Arrived just after 3pm 235 miles
Nowhere to park in M1 service areas !!!

You will be glad to get your leaks sorted out at last. Its been a bit of a saga.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back