Phil & Nida on the move !

No wrong size. (My error)
They have several sizes on order and will buy the wrong size tap from me at trade. So we await delivery and plan to return.(they agreed to this)..
In the interim...They blocked off the pipes to the bathroom washbasin so we are able to use shower and kitchen tap and hot water etc.
Very very helpful and considerate as you know. Kerry explaned the issues re Tap-size. Not easy

Arrived in Fishgaurd for ferry several yrs ago asked a local unloading his car where was good to eat the only part of his answer I under stood was when he pointed up the road

I was born and breed in a small pit village on the Nottingham / Derby border. Left to go to university and have lived all over every since.

One day I returned with my wife to visit. After 10 minutes my wife said "I can not understand a single word you are saying!"

I was born and breed in a small pit village on the Nottingham / Derby border. Left to go to university and have lived all over every since.

One day I returned with my wife to visit. After 10 minutes my wife said "I can not understand a single word you are saying!"
So your wife doesn't understand you .
Not used that line for a long time

After 2 nights above the Crinan canal we drove south for 20 miles to Clachan.
South of Tarbert to Corran farm campsite. Down a single track road but tarmacced.
No EHU, facilities rustic but servicable, on the roadside opposite the entrance to the camping area.

We just had a visit from a local.....A hare ! 10pm
Quite a big animal....Are mountain hares bigger ?
I know mountain ears are !

The B842 North from Cambeltown was great.!
The lower part was very easy.and mainly 2 lanes.
Further north mainly single track but ok. Just 1 tight squeeze with an oncomer. This in a long narrow section and very dark due to trees both sides.
Ferry to Lochranza at 11:20.
Now parked up in a layby just away from the road 1km west of the ferry terminal.
Our thanks to those who confirmed it is viable.

We just had a visit from a local.....A hare ! 10pm
Quite a big animal....Are mountain hares bigger ?
I know mountain ears are !

We've often seen Mountain Hares in Winter when camped at the visitor centre at Glencoe.

If you watch carefully every now and again the snow moves and it's either a Mountain Hare or a Ptarmigan.

After 2 nights above the Crinan canal we drove south for 20 miles to Clachan.
South of Tarbert to Corran farm campsite. Down a single track road but tarmacced.
No EHU, facilities rustic but servicable, on the roadside opposite the entrance to the camping area.

I love this area. One of the most beautiful parts of Scotland.

We've often seen Mountain Hares in Winter when camped at the visitor centre at Glencoe.

If you watch carefully every now and again the snow moves and it's either a Mountain Hare or a Ptarmigan.
Make decent stews as well if cooked for long enough, if I remember correctly?

South on the A841 to Blackwaterfoot and an excellent "blackwater dump" ...pun intended.
No good spot so continue south then east towards Pladda !
The A841 was closed and a lucky diversion sent us to Kildonan.
Nice small beach carpark with some cars but should be Ok.
Wi-fi from the village hall as a bonus.
We are 1 mile west of Kildonan Castle.which is on the SE corner of Arran !

If you go to some parts of North Wales, they will suddenly only be able to talk Welsh as soon as they hear your English Accent and somehow won't understand a word you say.
Friendly lot!
Having lived in North Wales for many years I can assure you that this story is an urban myth! I have heard the story repeated time and time again but it is always based on what someone else experienced. You know the line - "I know a man who told me that his mother in law once went into a shop in North Wales where everyone was talking to each other in English but when she asked if she could buy a packet of crisps in an English accent everyone else in the shop started talking in Welsh".

Having lived in North Wales for many years I can assure you that this story is an urban myth! I have heard the story repeated time and time again but it is always based on what someone else experienced. You know the line - "I know a man who told me that his mother in law once went into a shop in North Wales where everyone was talking to each other in English but when she asked if she could buy a packet of crisps in an English accent everyone else in the shop started talking in Welsh".

It actually happened to me in a pub in Merthyr Tydfil.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back