pet passport

hi does anyone have any info on gettin a pet passport we have a boxer who we would love to take in our m/h abroad next year
1.how much is the cost around?
2.what does it involve to get it?
3.does it mean we can go to any country or are there restrictions
any help much appreciated thanks sam

***** said:
Cant help much Sam however I think that once u have the passport, u have to report to a vet when entering France & again b4 leaving to come home.
Maybe others can help more?:D
cheers graham me & dave are having a discussion about this....he says its around £150 mark but i thought it was about £1000 mark although the info i have on it came out a few years ago when they 1st started doing pet passports so maybe i will have to give this one to dave he he he :D

***** said:
I do not know the exact figure but I think that Dave will be a loy nearer!:cool:
One up for the Guy's (or could it be Gals):eek: by yesterdays photo!:eek:
ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
i will tell him :D

rupert said:
I wonder If I need a Bear passport (bearport)?:p
you rupert would definately need a passport!!!!!!!!
but they would have to know your details....like getting blood out of a stone he he he :D :D :D

Muma bear

sammclouis said:
you rupert would definately need a passport!!!!!!!!
but they would have to know your details....like getting blood out of a stone he he he :D :D :D
Muma bear told me to be seen but not heard;)

***** said:
He is a noisy bear. Think I'll strangle him:p ;) :p
Got to go to eat my roast pork & drink my crianza NOW
see ya later
enjoy that roast pork........bl***y hell i can taste it,
im hungry boo hoo
:D
bye

Hi Sam,
I know I'm months behind here but if you're still interested, we've just had our "Heidi" a passport. It was about £120 and Border Vets in Maesbury Road were very good and told us exactly what to do. We need to get her treated for ticks on the way back between 24 - 48 hours before. Otherwise hopefully ok. First trip planned for September.

Cheers
Martin

All I had for Sunday dinner was a corned beef sandwich with beetroot! Will be like that now until October!

Hi Graham,
Not been anywhere this weekend - Emma's working but next week we're off to Germany for a quick week (without the dog - she'd not ready yet) . Did you go anywhere?

Really enjoyed Carrog - Hope to get to the pub next time (avoiding the wine as recommended :) )

MuddiBootz said:
Hi Sam,
I know I'm months behind here but if you're still interested, we've just had our "Heidi" a passport. It was about £120 and Border Vets in Maesbury Road were very good and told us exactly what to do. We need to get her treated for ticks on the way back between 24 - 48 hours before. Otherwise hopefully ok. First trip planned for September.

Cheers
Martin
hi we are at border vets on oswestry too,its a small world isnt it eh,we want to go away next year savew some money and all that !! we will get her done there,how long does it last?thanks for advice sam x

MuddiBootz said:
Hi Graham,
Not been anywhere this weekend - Emma's working but next week we're off to Germany for a quick week (without the dog - she'd not ready yet) . Did you go anywhere?

Really enjoyed Carrog - Hope to get to the pub next time (avoiding the wine as recommended :) )
yes avoid the wine,oh it was bad yuk yuk yuk :eek:
food 1st class though !!

Hi Sam,
The Rabies jab lasts 2 years for most countries but some (eg. Switzerland) require 12 months.

Trick is if you miss the booster by even so much as a day you have to start all over again :mad:

Pity we didn't get chance to meet up at Carrog but being so far from home we had to set off early :D

Will no doubt see you there again. Its a great spot isn't it?

Cheers
Martin

Hi Graham,
Thats for the tip about Caernarfon. We'll try that sometime. Unfortunately we can't get away for the next couple of weeks because we're on holiday :D
Martin

MuddiBootz said:
Hi Sam,
The Rabies jab lasts 2 years for most countries but some (eg. Switzerland) require 12 months.

Trick is if you miss the booster by even so much as a day you have to start all over again :mad:

Pity we didn't get chance to meet up at Carrog but being so far from home we had to set off early :D

Will no doubt see you there again. Its a great spot isn't it?

Cheers
Martin

yes would love to meet up & yes carrogs a smashing place isnt it!
we had a ball,
i know what you mean carrog is a long old jog from oswestry 30 mins of hard driving he he he :rolleyes:
will take all your advice onboard with regards to the pet passport cheers
not sure if i know you though,soon find out we are bound to know someone who knows someone else eh :D :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back