Perth, Ullapool. Stopover

Greytop

Travelling up to Ullapool next week and wondered if anyone knows of an overnight stopover in the Perth area that has been recently used.
Also now that the Royal Hotel in Ullapool cannot be used for a stopover does anyone know of any other stopovers in the area, I understand the Morefield Motel allows stopovers, any others?

Travelling up to Ullapool next week and wondered if anyone knows of an overnight stopover in the Perth area that has been recently used.
Also now that the Royal Hotel in Ullapool cannot be used for a stopover does anyone know of any other stopovers in the area, I understand the Morefield Motel allows stopovers, any others?
You can spend one night in the council carpark next to Tesco for £10.

Regarding
If Pitlochry is any use to you, you can stop overnight at Ferry Rd car park. Free overnight, normal charge in the daI have just read the following dated 23rd April of this year
I have just read the following regarding Pitlochry;

"Perth and Kinross Council has upset the motorhome community by installing signs in Pitlochry outlining that overnight parking is forbidden. 21 Apr 2023"

Just read this and this sets a new low for us in my honest opinion.
For years we have been treated like scum by some local councils. They have used the gypsy argument, the anti social behaviour argument, the we empty our cassettes as a norm into streams and waterway argument, now they fear for our safety argument. Yes it would be preferable for us to be 6m apart, but in the REAL world that simply is not feasible. Take lochore in fife, how could such spacing ever be achieved whilst making Lochore viable, quite frankly it couldn’t.

Just think, if every other council in the U.K. applied this as rigidly it would mean the end of such activity. Thousands would lose their jobs, and the treasury would lose out in billions of revenue.

The only good news here is some are up in arms at these measures, now that makes a change, maybe room for some optimism.

Regarding

I have just read the following regarding Pitlochry;

"Perth and Kinross Council has upset the motorhome community by installing signs in Pitlochry outlining that overnight parking is forbidden. 21 Apr 2023"
It’s true, but they mean nothing.

Square blue signs are for information only. They even put one at the end of our drive (second home) binned it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back