Perfect for you lot.

I wonder if the sheeps head was used to make a form of brawn, usually calf or pig and sometimes referred to as 'head cheese'. Which sicko came up with the term 'head cheese' 🤮.

Last edited:
My son' misses is from Norway and sheeps head is a deliciously - Jeff & I went for christmas dinner she served their normal christmas day food called stick meat (like lamp chop which she brought from visiting September it had been salted for some time then vacuumed packed it gets soaked for a couple of hours then cooked by steaming for 4/6 hours it was lamb chops the vegetable were just carrot and swede with juices from the meat, cream and mixed herbs, boiled potatoes)

Last edited:
My Mom actually had this book!
It's free on Kindle, if you don't have a kindle then I've attached a copy as a PDF. The digital version was made by the community so it's opensource.

Regards,
Del

Attachments

• A Plain Cookery Book for the Wo - Charles Elme Francatelli.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
I used to dream of a Sheeps Head to eat when I were a lad. We were so poor that even a Cabbage Head was a luxury. :oops:

You ain't fooling anyone sunshine, that cabbage head was just part of the veg with your large platter of duck a l'orange and chips.

Dezi

I have two thoughts on this book:

Oi! Ooh ar youse callin workin class??

and, this is a jolly good tome for any vegans/vegetarians in one's acquaintance.

"A Plain Cookery Book for the Working Classes by Charles Elme Francatelli " !

Our Chef is working class and I expect him to provide his own Cookery books.
Just like
I expect out chauffeur to provide his own hat and gloves.
Give these people an inch and they will take a mile.
Next you will suggest that I provide the butler with a tray.

Get real people, we are out of the EU now and need to ensure our standards don't drop.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back