Pennine way Alston to Bellingham

Gnomus

Have started the walk, hoping to be as independent as possible, using the van and public transport as much as possible. Have suggest a POI at Alston that might be useful. I live in Hexham so did local sections from home but it could have been from the van. I am using the Cicerone guide that splits the walk into 20 days. Plan to do it in stages overnighting at a POI in the vicinity. driving to the walk, parking as close as possible to the start or finish and using public transport to get where I need to be. So far staying near Hexham would allow you to use the buses to Alston, Hadrans Wall (AD122) and Bellingham, that's three stages done. Bellingham to Byrness was trickier as official websites suggest the 815 bus exists, it doesn't when it didn't arrive I called the operator who confirmed that they had stopped providing it a year ago so I called home for a lift. Despite contacted Traveline it's still on Nexus website. It might be possible to get to Byrness on a bus, who knows, I don't Possibly via Otterburn or Newcastle but I have learned to double check where more remote rural services are concerned.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back