Pembrokeshire: fines for wild camping

GeoffL

Just seen the linked article. Apparently Pembrokeshire are trying to outdo Cornwall as the most anti-motorhome county and are now fining wild campers in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. It seems that we're "putting lives at risk" and over the weekend, "A total of 19 fines were issued to illegal campers following a spate of unauthorised overnight stays in car parks around Pembrokeshire."
https://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/...pers-pembrokeshire-coast-national-park-fined/

"This means those who wish to camp or stay overnight in campervans without facilities can make use of these services at their chosen campsite. "
So if you have facilities you can choose a different campsite ? :)

Pembrokeshire police are very corrupt, I would force them to take you to court. Over the years I've had a couple of run ins with them. They even try phycological torture when they arrest you!

Pembrokeshire police are very corrupt, I would force them to take you to court. Over the years I've had a couple of run ins with them. They even try phycological torture when they arrest you!
Don't know anything about that but I would certainly challenge the fines .
Really backward behaviour by Pembrokeshire when , I think , the pendulum is swinging[ish] the other way .
Distinctly get the impression , from the article , that a lot of this predujice is driven by ignorance

Pembrokeshire council parking chief is totally against motorcaravans parking in any council carpark. He is not even willing to consider it at any price.

Pembrokeshire council parking chief is totally against motorcaravans parking in any council carpark. He is not even willing to consider it at any price.
But he and his ilk are more than happy to receive funds from what we pay in taxes towards our pastime. What happens when he is offered part of the thousands of pounds paid in VAT every time a new van is sold, or the fuel duty, and road tax. Does he say no I won’t accept this money. We pay our taxes to our respective governments hence why clowns like this should be stopped from carrying out such draconian measures, whilst spreading malicious propaganda about us in the media. We need national policies to protect us from people and organisations like this.

Last edited:
Look at the date of the article - July 2020. This was at the height of the paranoia following release from the first lockdowns and, yes, Pembrokeshire were sending round rangers, wardens - whatever they're called - to pick on unsuspecting 'wilders'. Whether they still do that or can afford to do that now I am not sure but, being one of the two counties who are refusing to engage with Campra, I am sure they are still anti MOHOs. Unless, of course, you are safely tucked up on a club site or maybe one owned by a councillor's cousin.
To be clear, that last bit is my cynical view born of frustration; I have no evidence to support it.

Last edited:
Campsite owners pay their rates to councils ,wild campers pay nowt , so who are councillors going to support ? , The people.that ellected them .

For many years up until last year when we had a close call with one of the wardens we have regularly wild camped at Newport Pembrokeshire. Most trips if not all the better half would walk into the village and browse the local shops(spending locally)
Since the new regulations we no longer visit Pembrokeshire so no more spending locally yet the locals still have to pay their council tax, so I’m guessing in the long run they are the only ones missing out?

Last edited:
Look at the date of the article - July 2020. This was at the height of the paranoia following release from the first lockdowns and, yes, Pembrokeshire were sending round rangers, wardens - whatever they're called - to pick on unsuspecting 'wilders'. Whether they still do that or can afford to do that now I am not sure but, being one of the two counties who are refusing to engage with Campra, I am sure they are still anti MOHOs. Unless, of course, you are safely tucked up on a club site or maybe one owned by a councillor's cousin.
To be clear, that last bit is my cynical view born of frustration; I have no evidence to support it.
Thanks for that. My bad. FWIW, Jan spotted something on Facebook about fines being imposed on wild campers in Wales, I searched the 'net and found the linked article but missed the date. Typical of FB, that something has disappeared from her 'viewing window' and so we've lost the link posted on FB.
Campsite owners pay their rates to councils ,wild campers pay nowt , so who are councillors going to support ? , The people.that ellected them .
Butchers also pay their rates yet the council doesn't go about fining those who eat vegetarian sandwiches in a public place! Just saying...

Thanks for that. My bad. FWIW, Jan spotted something on Facebook about fines being imposed on wild campers in Wales, I searched the 'net and found the linked article but missed the date. Typical of FB, that something has disappeared from her 'viewing window' and so we've lost the link posted on FB.

Butchers also pay their rates yet the council doesn't go about fining those who eat vegetarian sandwiches in a public place! Just saying...
And what about those damned vegans ?
Perverts the lot of them

And what about those damned vegans ?
Perverts the lot of them
Apparently, their non-use of formal butcher's sites isn't a problem for the Pembroke council in the same way as wild camper's non-use of formal campsites. It's obviously discrimination! ;)

Apparently, their non-use of formal butcher's sites isn't a problem for the Pembroke council in the same way as wild camper's non-use of formal campsites. It's obviously discrimination! ;)
What about roadkill ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back