peanut oil in lieu of olive oil

argoose

Hi, interested to know if i can use peanut oil on window seals and thetford cassette seal inetead of olive oil.
I brought some peanut oil to use as back to black on ducato bumbers and mirrors, works well, was hoping to use instead of olive oil to save having to buy/store both types of oil.
Thanks Kevin.

Let me know how it works, ive tried everything on my window seals to stop them sticking to no avail.
Liquid silicon.
Silicon grease.
Vaseline.
WD40.

My 2 side large windows are ok but the smaller kitchen and Luton cab windows always stick no matter what i have tried on them. I now just carefully stick my fingers between the rubbers to break the seal.
At least they shouldn't be letting water in lol !

dont go to longleat with peanut oil as the monkeys will be all over your van.:lol-049::lol-049:

Do you think if I give them a tub of silky and a cloth they'd clean the roof :idea::idea:

My mother in law has suffered from stiff joints for years and has tried both olive and peanut oil, but has done no good. I suggested that she tried goose fat,,,,, she has gone downhill fast since then.

Try rubbing paraffin wax---candle fat--on your sticking window seals

I recall reading an article in MMM regarding sticky Heiki seals and one of the advised methods was to use talcum powder, I remember thinking at the time that it was a good idea as in my job we use talcum powder on our rubber neck seals to stop them sticking....

Last edited:
Here is a good tip for anyone that wants to clean bumpers or anything that is plastic or rubber and has lost its shine, BOILED LINSEED OIL, just try it, rub it in and see what happens:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Here is a good tip for anyone that wants to clean bumpers or anything that is plastic or rubber and has lost its shine, BOILED LINSEED OIL, just try it, rub it in and see what happens:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Peanut oil linseed oil it'll be like driving a seeded loaf

whenever using linseed oil ,make sure you burn or wash the cloths immediately after use as they have a nasty habit of spontaneously bursting into flame !!

I recall reading an article in MMM regarding sticky Heiki seals and one of the advised methods was to use talcum powder, I remember thinking at the time that it was a good idea as in my job we use talcum powder on our rubber neck seals to stop them sticking....
We have always used talc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back