PCR-Test

David & Ann

Is anyone knowledgeable regards the PCR-Test. I will be travelling to Germany via France, Belgium and Holland, on my way back will I be required to take or have a PCR-Test. before boarding the ship at Calais? Would appreciate it if one of you folks could bring me up to date, Thank ou.

We`ve just come back via Calais ( 02-06-2022 ) and had the Covid passes ready just in case, we offered them and they just shook their heads and said ......................................... passports only.

Please be aware that the entrance to Calais has changed completely and is now at the newly built check in area to the right of where the old entrance was.

Just follow the bus/car lanes as before.

There was only a handful of vehicles in front of us ( 08.45am ) but it still took nearly 40 minutes to get through, they were very very very slow.

We got waived straight through the Custom shed but then got half heartedly searched by a young French security guy at the final checkpoint.

At Dover they were pulling foreign vehicles but similarly got waived straight through and out.

No worries, glad it helped (y)

When coming out of Dover i would go up the hill ( A2 ) rather than down the front ( A20 ) which i believe is very very very busy.

They were queing all the way back up the hill on the opposite carriageway going into the docks right back to the roundabout at the top but that didn`t affect us going away from the docks.

Once past that it was clear until you get to the A2/ M2 junction where there is a police checkpoint which creates a queue back down the M2.

They are turning wagons round to send them the official M20/A20 route but every layby on the A2 was still full of foreign wagons waiting to go down to the docks who`d obviously got round the checkpoint.

Is anyone knowledgeable regards the PCR-Test. I will be travelling to Germany via France, Belgium and Holland, on my way back will I be required to take or have a PCR-Test. before boarding the ship at Calais? Would appreciate it if one of you folks could bring me up to date, Thank ou.
Have your nhs covid pass ready, but you will probably not be required to produce it, but better safe than sorry. We didn’t need to produce ours on a trip to Slovenia and back in May, but we had them ready.

Have your nhs covid pass ready, but you will probably not be required to produce it, but better safe than sorry. We didn’t need to produce ours on a trip to Slovenia and back in May, but we had them ready.
Thank you, much appreciated

I have my NHS card with 4 covid injections. Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

No worries, glad it helped (y)

When coming out of Dover i would go up the hill ( A2 ) rather than down the front ( A20 ) which i believe is very very very busy.

They were queing all the way back up the hill on the opposite carriageway going into the docks right back to the roundabout at the top but that didn`t affect us going away from the docks.

Once past that it was clear until you get to the A2/ M2 junction where there is a police checkpoint which creates a queue back down the M2.

They are turning wagons round to send them the official M20/A20 route but every layby on the A2 was still full of foreign wagons waiting to go down to the docks who`d obviously got round the checkpoint.
Really appreciate your information you supplied. I will bear that in mind on my return, Thank you.

I have my NHS card with 4 covid injections. Thank you for the update, much appreciated.
When you say your card do you mean the small card you got when you had the injections? if so thats not the covid pass, the pass can be down loaded or when printed is A4 size

That is correct. I have it on my phone. But on my card I have the two further injections.

We have been in France for a month now and haven't been asked once for evidence of any jabs in any shops, restos etc. Mask wearing is very minimal now too.

That is correct. I have it on my phone. But on my card I have the two further injections.
When did you download to your phone? The downloaded pass is only valid for 30 days, after which you need to generate a new download. NHS England has for some time been showing at least 3 injections (if administered) on the downloaded pass. If the second injection was more than 270 days ago, you need a pass that shows at least one subsequent booster. The French authorities will not in principle accept the small record card.

We have been in France for a month now and haven't been asked once for evidence of any jabs in any shops, restos etc. Mask wearing is very minimal now too.
Once past the border, evidence of jabs is only required if entering healthcare settings. Mask wearing is only compulsory in healthcare settings.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back