Passport warning

True, so nothing else really matters! 'Comply or stay at home' would seem to be the maxim. I applied for my non C1 Driving Licence on Monday, 'will be delivered within 2 weeks'. It arrived this morning, effective from 19th July, so my C1 has evaporated 10 weeks early! C'est la vie [the French really should get a phrase for this ...] :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Boeuf a la mode :)

My current passport will be 10 years old 22 April 2024, and was issued 12 November 2014.

I am travelling to the EU 11 March 2024 staying for a week.

After checking the validity I have been informed that it does not meet the entry criteria for the EU.

Ok it will be less than ten years of age when I travel, but it also has to be valid for three months after the date I leave. This was the bit I was unsure of. Yes it’s valid till 12 November 2024, but any time 10 years after the issue date is not valid for EU travel, so it’s invalid.

Now I am sure most on here know all of this, particularly those who travel the EU in their vans, but I thought this was worth a mention.
I think you have to have more than 1 year left on your passport? i travelled around Portugal and prague , in February 23, no problem , mines ok until 2028

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back