Parrafin Sump Heater

lenny

The recent cold snap got me thinking about my first car in the 70s (Triumph Herald):eek::p, I used to have a little parrafin heater shaped like an anti tank mine:eek:, that I would place under the oil sump to assist morning starting during cold spells and it worked a treat;), just wondered if they were still available as we could place them under the van to prevent the fresh water system from freezing up:rolleyes::cool:

Isn't it easier to just leave the drain valve open on your waste water tank ?

Ah i just reread your post and seen you say the fresh water... this wont freeze if you have heating on in the van.

Thanks Jeff but mines an older van with underslung tank and pipework;)

Ah.... I see your problem then. Not sure i would be very happy with something burning underneath the van while i was sleeping in it though.
Is it not possible to insulate the tank in some way ??

Ah.... I see your problem then. Not sure i would be very happy with something burning underneath the van while i was sleeping in it though.
Is it not possible to insulate the tank in some way ??

Good point Jeff, gonna try the insulation bit first, I think the pipework from the fresh tank to the pump is the main problem.

Thanks

Good point Jeff, gonna try the insulation bit first, I think the pipework from the fresh tank to the pump is the main problem.

Thanks

You may be able to get some sort of spray on insulation, the yellow stuff that they spray on new immersion boilers.... and the pipes you could just lag the same as you do with any exterior pipes at home, once the pipes enter inside the vehicle they should be protected against frost.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back