Pan Bread !

Nesting Zombie

I wonder if anyone has tried making what I called 'Pan Bread'.
It's more like a Nahn bread really, but you make it in a frying pan taking literally only a Cpl of minutes on a high heat per side, make as much or as little mix as & when you want it, with the excess kept in the fridge, No Yeast required, No Running out of Sliced lofe when you want a sandwich, & more space in your cupboards.

Plane Flour,
Bakeing Powder,
Water,
Salt,
Butter,

No then,,,,,,HERE is where I need help.
Can't remember quantities !!!!!.

I wonder if anyone has tried making what I called 'Pan Bread'.
It's more like a Nahn bread really, but you make it in a frying pan taking literally only a Cpl of minutes on a high heat per side, make as much or as little mix as & when you want it, with the excess kept in the fridge, No Yeast required, No Running out of Sliced lofe when you want a sandwich, & more space in your cupboards.

Plane Flour,
Bakeing Powder,
Water,
Salt,
Butter,

No then,,,,,,HERE is where I need help.
Can't remember quantities !!!!!.

Eagerly awaiting
Where's channa when needed?

Eagerly awaiting
Where's channa when needed?

Yeah, I use to make it when cruising on my Boat, as Bread just didn't keep for long. But I JUST can't remember the quantities, (& in truth my 'Then' Partner use to do it more,,,& Better).

Yes, I make various versions when I have no bought bread left.
As for quantities I've never really been one for following any type of recipe. Always just seem to go by intuition.

So don't worry too much, it always turns out fine, impossible to mess it up.

Gram flour (chickpea) is also a great flour to use as a base. Especially if you like adding spices such as cumin and corriander.

Oh, and these breads can be made just as easily on a stone or wooden slab right next to a campfire.

Enjoy.

Thanks Dane,
Looks great dosent it !. I might actually give that a go .

Mine was more like a Flat bread, like what you have with a Curry !. Very easy & quick to make.

I have a stone, so enjoy making pizza bases on my safari but may venture into the world of bread next week.

[video=youtube;ikW3WUHkpUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikW3WUHkpUs[/video]

This looks nice and simple for the flat plate on the Cadac to accompany one of Channa's great looking, made from scratch curries.

Did anyone see the 'Lady from Dolmio' saying, on camera, she recommends folk don't eat more than one of her sauces a week, due to the high contents of added salt and sugar?

Much bettr to take a little time and make your own, me thinks !

[video=youtube;ikW3WUHkpUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikW3WUHkpUs[/video]

This looks nice and simple for the flat plate on the Cadac to accompany one of Channa's great looking, made from scratch curries.

Did anyone see the 'Lady from Dolmio' saying, on camera, she recommends folk don't eat more than one of her sauces a week, due to the high contents of added salt and sugar?

Much bettr to take a little time and make your own, me thinks !

On that note you can get low sodium salt, a lot of Asians use it, to replace sugar look for jaggery you will find it in a good Asian supermarket or corner shop
Benefits of Jaggery | Organic Facts

Channa

I usually make girdle scones in the frying pan to save on gas,but I'll give that a go too...thanks!

If i make some flat bread style dough and bag it in large golf ball size potions, how long can i freeze it for ?

as long as you want there are no active ingredients to worry about, but so simple to make it's hardly worth it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back