Paint code

Budgie

Hi guys in Portugal at the moment Tavira, unfortunately I have twanged the rear corner panel of my 2015 Autotrail Apache, want to get it sorted whilst still over here and have seen a boat repair fibreglass guy who is going to repair it early next week, he has asked me to find out the white paint code before then if I can, I have contacted Autotrail but I know from past experience they are very slow to respond, don't suppose any of you knowledgeable guys can point me in the right direction to find this info. Thanks in advance Cheers Budgie

If Autotrail used the same white paint over a few years and models, @Canalsman or Colour Motion might be able to assist.

I was advised that a gel coat repair would not be feasible because of the vehicle age. Even if you are able to ascertain what colour was used when the vehicle was manufactured it will not match the aged panels.

Respray was the only option ...

Correct , Not sure , as grp gell coat is not painted would their be a paint code or would they use colour chips , white is a very easy colour to match and merge .then machine polish with G3

It might be worth asking in the workshop of a marina, they are used to doing GRP repairs.

My local marina used to have a chap who could do invisible repairs to boats of all ages and they really were invisible. He mixed different gel coats together until he got a perfect match.

...sorry, just re-read your first post and see that you are already going down that route!

That only relates to the colour of the chassis cab.
True, I've just taken the bonnet off and into a paint shop as the paint if falling off in the normal fiat way 😡 and given them the Bianco 249 colour code.
But if I was making motorhomes I would probably get the body to match the cab and use the same paint code or is that a problem for builders?

Thanks for all your input guys, I also managed to get a reply off Autotrail saying there is no code. They buy them off supplier like they are.
Any way got the job done in Portugal at a boat yard and the guy just matched the colour, €300 it cost me think that was good value bearing in mind both the panels were damaged and I know from past experiencethe locker door panel is a right pain to replace. Plus no faffing about getting it done when back in the UK.
The locker door damaged panel was in 3 bits only managed to find two of them. ,but the guy has done a fantastic job

Attachments

• 20221103_154202.jpg
    20221103_154202.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 46
  • 20221103_155113.jpg
    20221103_155113.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221024_123041.jpg
    20221024_123041.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221024_123029.jpg
    20221024_123029.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 43

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back