Overnight parking in london

carol

My original plans have changed as my daughter has rented an apartment for two nights in Greenwich. Have been looking on the internet but not found anything. Am looking for two nights with my camper. Don't mind paying as long as it's not extortionate! Anyone got any ideas? The idea of driving into London is freaking me out, never mind having to search for somewhere to park! :scared:

My original plans have changed as my daughter has rented an apartment for two nights in Greenwich. Have been looking on the internet but not found anything. Am looking for two nights with my camper. Don't mind paying as long as it's not extortionate! Anyone got any ideas? The idea of driving into London is freaking me out, never mind having to search for somewhere to park! :scared:
Carol are you going to be staying in the van? If not go to justparking and you will get a safe place nearby at a reasonable price. If you are staying in the van just treat it like any other city. I would imagine it's easier to park at Greenwich (if that's your intention) possibly have to move van daytime. If it's at the weekend Greenwich may well be same as Brixton (where I used to park) where restrictions stop from Friday teatime till Monday morning.

when my daughter lived there,you could arrive in Camden after 6 and park on single yellow till monday morning,or resident parking as Alcam said, is suspended over the weekend. each borough can differ, so look at greenwich and surrounding boroughs for resident parking rules. red lines and double yellows are a big no no, but single yellow is the same as anywhere unless the little sign says different

Should have added don't be worried about driving in London keep your satnav on, often you get caught up in traffic and everything happens very slowly. DO watch out for cyclists. They whizz past you on both sides and are very aggressive.

And those bloody rickshaw rip off things need bloody banning, and beware people just not giving a toss about walking straight out in front of you.!

jt

Hi, thanks for suggestions so far. I should have said in my original post that I'll be there mid week (Wednesday and Thursday) and won't be sleeping in the van. I did find a car park but it was underground and 2 metre height restrictions! :scared:

If you are not staying in your van I have heard people talk about parking at Luton and going in on the train,as being the cheapest and quickest way

Carol, see if your daughter can get a visitor's parking pass then you can park in the residents parking bays, used to do regularly when daughter lived in Blackheath, just across the common.:rulez:

Hi, thanks for suggestions so far. I should have said in my original post that I'll be there mid week (Wednesday and Thursday) and won't be sleeping in the van. I did find a car park but it was underground and 2 metre height restrictions! :scared:
that never stopped you before !

Wondered who'd be the first, and no surprise it's that Mr Brown again! :lol-053:

You should be alright here SW1A 1AA.

It has plenty of space which is nice and level and has the added bonus of loads of security and CCTV :wave:

You should be alright here SW1A 1AA.

It has plenty of space which is nice and level and has the added bonus of loads of security and CCTV :wave:

Where is it Wooie? Are you sending me to the nick or something? 😄

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back