Overnight Parking for St Malo ferry?

Alshymer

Hi
Does anyone know if one can overnight at
St Malo while awaiting the morning ferry?
If not, nearby recommended locations would be appreciated.
Thanks

There is a car park very close to the ferry terminal, available for motorhomes 1900-0900 only. It's in the POIs (as a CU). Earplugs recommended at warmer times of year as there are regular announcements on the terminal PA system right through the night.
There is another CU between that and the AC, authorised for motorhomes to overnight, but I have only used it during the daytime, so don't know how peaceful it may be.

Where is that? I've never seen one (though I've used Cherbourg in preference to Saint-Malo this year).
Soz had a brain freeze meant Caen but in st malo there's this

Attachments

• IMG_3523.png
    IMG_3523.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
There's a POI under the bridge at Dinan that I've stayed at for the morning St Malo ferry - had a decent night and Dinan's an interesting town in itself. Or there's a Camping Car Park along the coast road to the east of St Malo, stayed there last year - electric hook up, but no other facilities. Both of them are an easy drive to the port in the morning.

Or there's a Camping Car Park along the coast road to the east of St Malo, stayed there last year - electric hook up, but no other facilities. Both of them are an easy drive to the port in the morning.
As long as No barrier problems when you come to leave After seeing 3 British vans miss their ferry at St Pol de Leon I never park behind one when I've a morning ferry to catch

As long as No barrier problems when you come to leave After seeing 3 British vans miss their ferry at St Pol de Leon I never park behind one when I've a morning ferry to catch
I can't see any Camping Car Park aires along the coast road east of Saint-Malo. The nearest are very much SE and a moderate distance away. https://www.campingcarpark.com/en_G...ch[currentLongitude]=0&search[hostingTypes]=0

Do you mean the aire des Ilots referenced by @The laird in post 5? CCP don't show that as one of theirs and to the best of my knowledge it's operated by an independent company. https://www.campingcar-saintmalo.com/

I can't see any Camping Car Park aires along the coast road east of Saint-Malo. The nearest are very much SE and a moderate distance away. https://www.campingcarpark.com/en_GB/search/areas/map?search[query]=&search[radius]=200&search[currentLatitude]=0&search[currentLongitude]=0&search[hostingTypes]=0

Do you mean the aire des Ilots referenced by @The laird in post 5? CCP don't show that as one of theirs and to the best of my knowledge it's operated by an independent company. https://www.campingcar-saintmalo.com/
the one I stayed at was near a village called Hirel, it was there last year, might not be there now but it it is, then it's about ten miles east (you could call it ESE, I imagine, but that's splitting hairs a wee bit).

the one I stayed at was near a village called Hirel, it was there last year, might not be there now but it it is, then it's about ten miles east (you could call it ESE, I imagine, but that's splitting hairs a wee bit).
Yes, it's on the CCP map to which I linked. Should have not only the electricity but also water, waste and waste water disposal, Wi-Fi. Just not where I was looking when you said coast road east of Saint-Malo!

Yes, it's on the CCP map to which I linked. Should have not only the electricity but also water, waste and waste water disposal, Wi-Fi. Just not where I was looking when you said coast road east of Saint-Malo!
Probably would have made the search a bit easier if I'd listed the facilities I didn't bother using! In fact, I couldn't now say even if I plugged into the EHU, was just a quick overnight stop - quite a nice one, but not particularly near to anything bar the sea, and not even particularly near the sea at low tide.

Hi
Thanks
There is overnight parking on the edge of the marina next to the terminal, night time only. A better aire is at the P&R car park next to the Hippodrome.Very quiet, 7.50€ overnight. There is a free service point opposite the exit. Occasionally closed for travelling entertainment. Also good for daytime parking since the ticket can be used for up to 5 people on the shuttle bus to the old walled tow,

I can't see any Camping Car Park aires along the coast road east of Saint-Malo. The nearest are very much SE and a moderate distance away. https://www.campingcarpark.com/en_GB/search/areas/map?search[query]=&search[radius]=200&search[currentLatitude]=0&search[currentLongitude]=0&search[hostingTypes]=0

Just stayed at Ilots did not like at all, very tight, lots of mud when wet.

Hi
Thanks
Found a free aire just past the entrance to Camping International de la Hallerais (on the left) north of Dinan (campsite closed now) space for 3 vans, service point, quiet area, easy to get to off main road. Another free aire nr Evran (22630 Saint-André-des-Eaux) bit further on than Dinan, nice enough location spacious, lots of vans overnight, quiet enough, service point but pay for water via camping-car park card, although a water point is available up at the buildings at the lake. Depends on what distance from the port.

Found a free aire just past the entrance to Camping International de la Hallerais (on the left) north of Dinan (campsite closed now) space for 3 vans, service point, quiet area, easy to get to off main road. Another free aire nr Evran (22630 Saint-André-des-Eaux) bit further on than Dinan, nice enough location spacious, lots of vans overnight, quiet enough, service point but pay for water via camping-car park card, although a water point is available up at the buildings at the lake. Depends on what distance from the port.
Yes, the one at Taden is OK if you don't want water, unless they've done something to resolve the problem of merely a slow trickle.
Saint-André-des-Eaux is a great location with good walking trails around the lakes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back