Over night stop near the beach please

gypo

For many many years we would go to Pembrokeshire and had various places we could overnight right next to the beach where I could go metal detecting to my hearts content (often with toilets open all night)
However since Pembrokeshire council have made it a no go area I’m struggling to find someone next to the sea in wales.
Does anyone know of any spots please in south or west Wales?
Thanks
D

We live in S Wales and frequently tour W Wales. The short answer to your question is, sadly, 'no' for the reason you stated along with adjacent councils.
The nearest I can suggest is Fairborne golf club just south of Barmouth (£10pn with bar and toilets). We stayed recently and, yes, I know it's a bit further north but the beach will suit your hobby.

So many have gone recently, eg Freshwater West, Abereithi, Porthgain.

Thanks for the reply, you mentioned all the places we used to visit plus many more.
I was hoping I’d missed somewhere but alas no.
Cheers
D

In addition there's an excellent stop in Porthcawl on the POIs, OU, that I've also used very recently. Not too far to the beach.

Been Welsh and down that way a lot you can park in goodwick behind petrol station ok you car with the ferry traffic
only cross the road for beach great spot

For many many years we would go to Pembrokeshire and had various places we could overnight right next to the beach where I could go metal detecting to my hearts content (often with toilets open all night)
However since Pembrokeshire council have made it a no go area I’m struggling to find someone next to the sea in wales.
Does anyone know of any spots please in south or west Wales?
Thanks
D
Slightly off topic, but we are planning on a long visit to Eire next year, sailing from Fishguard to Rosslare. Always keen to freecamp, but knowing Pembrokeshire amongst others is anti campervans, wondered about a suitable spot not too far from the ferry for a 5.4m long panel van conversion?
I've heard that Eire has many height barriers - anyone with knowledge?

As post #7 above, in the big car park behind the petrol station. Just 2 mins from the ferry. You may find that a refrigerated artic turns up with its plant running from the late ferry so park well away from the entrance.
Regarding height barriers, we toured Ireland last May and didn't notice it as an issue. We used 'park for night' and 'search for sites' as our main resources for stopovers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back