Ovens, a couple of questions

I think it depends a lot on people's lifestyles, I don't like to leave the Dog and he also likes to eat. It would be just rude to leave him while we went for a pub lunch and he'd be mighty peed off.
I use the oven a lot at home and do the same when away - I prefer to cook a dinner though - other people may not. I don't have a microwave at home so I never put one in the truck.

We have a double burner hob, but when we're on electric hook ups we use the electric 2 ring hob (separate). I bought a double skillet, from D and F Promotions, they're advertised in the camping magazines/on the web and when we were away for 3 months cooked chicken, rabbit, jacket potatoes etc. in it - would recomend it to anyone because you can use it with gas/electric.
Other people swear by Romenska that Lakeland sell, but they're electric. I have thought about a microwave but we don't have the spare space in our Devon Camargue and again they're electric only, although I think I saw a 12v one recently. Hope this helps.

Ovens

We had a big oven in our Winnebago, but now have a mini oven and grill which is crap! So we carry a George and an electric toaster, I also fitted a cheap microwave in a cupboard. We miss the oven a bit, and when not on hook-up we are limited to three gas rings, but variety is the spice of life... and there's always a chippy or pub even when wilding!!

we had a small oven grill thing origanly fitted when purchaced
we have changed it for a proper small oven we use it all the time its ideal for pies /ready meals /piza ect we think it was a good investment

I would't be without my oven. Its great for cooking fresh meals. We use it especially in the winter --helps heat van up too ! Must say though dont use it much abroad.

Ovens are great but are,nt they a little heavy on the gas:confused:, I much prefer my stacking steaming pans;), once the waters boiled you can cook on simmer:cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back