Our Winter Scotland Trip

Fantastic time

Looks like you had a fantastic time, well done guys:cool::cool:

WOW;) That has to be the best post I've read since joining,congrats, Jed and your family and many thanks for sharing your adventure with us:)

Cracking man it well kept me entertained for quite a while thanks Jed and your woman and the wee one Cheers. :)

That thread is essence. Thanks for making the effort to post.:D

D.

Very enjoyable post, many thanks, I can hardly wait to follow in your tracks but I am going to wait for more favourable weather, does anyone on here know the best time of year to go weatherwise and midgewise? I am retired so can go anytime.

Regards Tone

Really enjoyed following your Scottish jaunt. Many thanks for sharing. Mull is a truly a wonderful island. Have you read about our holiday on Mull in 2006 on Virtual Tourist?

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/87f23/4b3a6/

Loch Na Keal is a brilliant place to wild camp but I thought Calgary in summer was dreadful. Chock-a-block, not an inch to spare (you'd certainly have heard everyon'e farts there!)

Look forward to reading about your next adventure.

that was a brilliant post mate:eek:,i know what mean about the red squirrel the owner is a bit strange but it's a great wee site very handy for the pub [the clachchaig inn] five minutes walk when ur pished, very nice van mate were did get ur sunvisor ,ive see them on the bays but not on the t25.. cool:D:eek:

Very enjoyable post, many thanks, I can hardly wait to follow in your tracks but I am going to wait for more favourable weather, does anyone on here know the best time of year to go weatherwise and midgewise? I am retired so can go anytime.

Regards Tone

awrite mate, around about may is ur best time to avoid the dreaded midge, but i would still take a net just in case, or they could spoil ur holiday..not a joke..:eek:

Blimey thanks for your compliments.:D

the visor was from karman connection but they do a much nicer one not available from karman connection for a syncro that looks much better. good at keeping snow off though.

i think winter is a great time to see Scotland as you hardly see any other wild campers especially in Mull were we didn't see any other campervans at all really and could park up and kip anywhere that looked appropriate. i kind of get a buzz really knowing we use the van all year round and it only encourages me when the colder it gets :rolleyes: though we do have an ebberspacher heater and its hardly ever been on full as it gets to hot. everywhere gets so bloody crowded in the summer too but don't get me wrong i love nice weather and am looking forward to going overseas this summer now the passport has arrived.

feel free to sign the guest book.

jed

You can't beat Scotland at any time of year. There is an account of our first year of motorhoming on the link below.We only stayed on one site at Findhorn Bay.
Loch Muik, lochnaggar, ben lawers, glen lyon, Killin, Loch Garton, Glenmore, Cairngorm, Glen Doll, Banff, Findhorn Bay, Deeside.
It's quite long at 16 minutes.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-376411220121150351

excellent post, scotchjock, terriffic soundtrack,
the mix of scenery and wildlife works a treat
posts like yourself and jed's
are likely to have us invaded by an
armada of english campervans this summer
but let them come and see for themselves
what scotland has to offer!
well done!

Thanks Nick, I'll post some more links to our other travels eg Mull when I get time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back