Our Baby

Funky Farmer

OK she might be old but then so am I. Lots of work coming up but that was the plan. To get me from under Ms Jonas's feet.

47cb73b0.jpg

c23e92c2.jpg

Any tips or advice ( No I'm not scrapping it, Cheeky) From people who may have previously owned a Renault Master conversion would be much appreciated.

i've done one of these as a panel van,quite liked it,are your windows less than 90cms?what needs doing on it,the body looks ok for its age[as my missus often says]

Nice van

Hi Jonas,

Nice van my daughter had the longer version of this and I used it a few times while my van was out of action
I found it drove very well and they had no problems with it. It was a bit tight to get to the engine but they used a commercial garage for the work.There is a commercial breakers near Hitchin in Hertfordshire that has a few for spares.

Regards Snowbirds.:cool1::cool1:

OK she might be old but then so am I. Lots of work coming up but that was the plan. To get me from under Ms Jonas's feet.

47cb73b0.jpg

c23e92c2.jpg

Any tips or advice ( No I'm not scrapping it, Cheeky) From people who may have previously owned a Renault Master conversion would be much appreciated.

She goes well. Not exactly a racer but then nor am I. The main thing that erks me, is that someone has retro fitted a temperature gauge, or worry gauge as I call them. It shows running hot but the engine and radiator are not obviously over heated. This van has a factory fitted manual, radiator fan switch. I'm wondering if, as the engine is so far from the engine, there have been problems with this model in the past?

I think I will have to revert to my trakter mendin' days and get out me gurt 'ammer

i've done one of these as a panel van,quite liked it,are your windows less than 90cms?what needs doing on it,the body looks ok for its age[as my missus often says]

Yes the windows are over a metre ( I think from memory). We got her about a month ago and so far have gutted and rewired the 12v side. Made new seat/bed covers, new curtains, made and fitted a driveaway awning rail above the side door. New brakes all round and a full service.

We went and filled her up with diesel and next morning found the tank leaked! Anyway tank off, re-soldered the two spigots on the bottom. All looks fine now. Apart from that I have done nothing :lol-053:

To do ..... Instal mains hook-up.
Bodywork small rust patches and dings. ( Winter job I think)
Might lightly tint the windows
That should be it then. Can't wait to get out to our first meet to Arundel in July.

We have just got back from our first long trip away. We long for us. We went the 160 miles to the South Coast and back. The van ran very well, OK not exactly a flyer but it cruises along the motorway as between 55 and 60 and is returning a bit over 30mpg.

My worries about the overheating were completely unfounded I'm please to say. The gauge has now been disconnected.

The only downside is everything is too cluttered, so this winter everything is coming out and I'm starting again. I have already been looking at other peoples ideas on here. LOL I hope they are not patented.

I like it perfect for enjoyment, wish mine did 30 mpg.........sighhhhh....:scooter::scooter:

Congratulations!

I love your new van,especially the big windows. Ours is very wee (and old) and it can get a tad claustrophobic on wet days. Big windows must make it feel light and airy.
P.S Who needs speed when you have your accommodation with you.:dance:

your van

your van looks good, in fact it looks very good, clean and tidy.

tranivanman

your van looks good, in fact it looks very good, clean and tidy.

tranivanman

thank you for your kind comments. i have a porch awning like yours which is surplus to requirements but for the life of me i can't remember the make? if you could let me know i would be grateful. i will then advertise it on here for anyone to pick it up can have it. it's only been used twice.
pete

Funky Farming

Hi Pete

I thought it was you, there can only be ONE Funky Farmer clue (blog dot).;)

Nice to see you on 4 wheels now and enjoying the 'van, it looks good.

Cheers

Campingcar(iste)

thank you for your kind comments. i have a porch awning like yours which is surplus to requirements but for the life of me i can't remember the make? if you could let me know i would be grateful. i will then advertise it on here for anyone to pick it up can have it. it's only been used twice.
pete

hi funky farmer
only just picked this up again and i like you cant remember the name of the porch awning,sorry if i get chance to go and find it, its somewere in the "shed" i'll let you know.

tranivanman

Our old Renault gave us good service for over 5 years, she towed our 4wheel trailer back and forth to Spain at least twice a year, a spain 2010 086.jpgbigger version but went well

Nice motor

Hi FF,

I think the van looks great, my daughter had the longer wheel base version,a great van to drive.

I think you should get these headlights for it from the van I saw on the Port at Calais.

Regards Snowbirds.P311012_08.09.jpg :anyone::cool::cool1:

47cb73b0.jpg

c23e92c2.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back