Our 1995 LT35 'Weeble'

You can also get self adhesive heat pads which are A5 size, they should be stuck to a shirt or vest, but never directly onto skin. They are outstanding on spine and hip injuries, with 12+ hours of localized heat.

Best place for them is the 99p Stores, they do them in a box of 3, they also do the knee versions.

If you can't find the self adhesive one's, Micropore Tape works well.

Nice LT!

Nice condition van, and looks nice inside too.

My daughter has one of these, but in need of serious work (luckily her bf is a classic rally car mechanic/restorer and pretty handy!) - 1986 with lots of lower panel tin weevil and general age-related stuff, plus been standing for a while. The interior is all there, but jaded and old-fashioned looking and could do with a refresh - even its just paint and handles or something (budget is a thing too of course).

I should get her to look at yours, so they can get some motivation as to what their LT could look like!

Their LT is a different layout - the sink unit with the gas cabinet goes across the rear doors, while the cooker/fridge runs up the rear o/side. In the n/side rear corner and up the n/side is the fitted toilet and sink/shower room, and a wardrobe. opposite the sliding door is the dining area - 2 facing benches and a table that make up the bed. There's a raised box behind the passenger swivel seat, so that the seat reclined and the box can make another small bed.

Its amazing how many different layouts you come across in the same base vehicle - this never occurred to me till I got my van recently and started paying a bit more attention to them.

I think you're LT is really nice though - seems clean and straight on the outside, and fresh and spacious on the inside.

I think you're LT is really nice though - seems clean and straight on the outside, and fresh and spacious on the inside.

I look forward to your opinion when you see the new version :)

Seriously, thanks for the compliments. We were originally very happy with the interior (although we mainly chose it because of the diesel heating!), that is until we first used it and it seemed too much like a caravan stay and less like a camper. We have had a Ducato and a Hiace that were well equipped but now want more of a 'home from home'.

It will look quite different in the end. I have just been relocating the batteries today ready for putting the new double seat in the back (we need to transport 5 sometimes). The upholstery has gone, to be replaced with something a little more colourful. Also there is a single unit by the door and an extended bed/table area now.

I will keep you posted!

I look forward to your opinion when you see the new version :)

I will keep you posted!

I look forward to it with interest - genuinely.

Maybe one day I'll actually find the time and the enthusiasm to try and build a van from scratch - I think I possess the basic ability to install the various things and get them all to work, but feel sure that it'd be utilitarian and functional rather than elegant and well-finished - I think my woodworking and general DIY finishing skills are (frankly) a bit crap.

What I'd need to do is team up with someone with the design flair and the finishing skills to be able to make it look the part, while I just had to apply myself to screwing in and wiring up the functional bits!

I know what you mean...I can do it all but lack the precision to finish it to a high standard. Just as well that's not what we are looking for!

Progression update....

Been very busy and finally getting there. All of the furniture is now in place apart from the worktop/table but I am glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everything (apart from the screws!) has been recycled. We have got the fabric for the cushions and recovering for the walls to get on soon. Fitting the fridge vents was a little nerve shredding as it was the first attempt at cutting large holes in a vehicle I've owned!

Before:
firstday4.jpgfirstday5.jpg

After
20130415_113155.jpg20130415_113216.jpg

Attachments

• 20130415_113233.jpg
    20130415_113233.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 121
i finally got some work on mine done last weekend. base made for the fridge, toilet room sides fitted. this week its fitting the tall fridge in place, then the cooking area then work out where to put the sink (got a bathroom plastic sink ovel shape one). yours is coming along well

Finished...

After six months of chipping away at it, Weeble is finally finished. Well, its never finished really! But the main jobs are done and it's time to start on the outside and the mechanicals.

If anyone is interested this is what we have done:

Complete recarpet using Veltrim 20sqm £100
New back seats for the little ones £20 Ebay
Fridge and reclaimed caravan furniture £20 local scrapyard
Sink unit (recovered in postcards) £15 Ebay
40sqm upholstery and waterproofing for seat cushions £120
Solar panel for roof £20 (mates rates!)
Wiring 50m! 20p metre from scrapyard
Zig charger and 12v unit £30 Ebay
Ladder for munchkins bed £10 car boot
New worktop, recycled wood
New seat/storage next to sink, recycled wood
Multi camera system plus two monitors(one for reversing and one for munchkins bedroom) £20 ebay
Table base £7 Ebay and made table ourselves
Furniture trim £15 Ebay

Plus plenty of odds and sods fittings, mostly from furniture we removed before the refit
.interior1.jpginterior2.jpginterior3.jpginterior4.jpg

I like these vans, just big enough to live in and small enough to fit in a parking space. Also could be used as a daily drive. :p
I like your conversion, but would need a WC room.

Cheers everyone.

Its been enjoyable (well I have had enough of cutting and marking material!) and if anyone else is thinking of doing something similar then I would say go for it!

I like these vans, just big enough to live in and small enough to fit in a parking space. Also could be used as a daily drive. :p
I like your conversion, but would need a WC room.

I would have added one but as we needed a pair of seats with belts I had to compromise. We do have a Portapotti under the seats though so at least its not just a bucket when we are Wilding it :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back