Our 1995 LT35 'Weeble'

pcracker

Introducing Weeble who we have had for six months now. She has amassed 157k miles but is still a pleasure to drive, if not a little wobbly. Being a Weeble though, she never falls over.

There is just the right amount of room for my wife and our son and with diesel heating and solar panels we are pretty self sufficient. The photos are as she was before I have started a few changes (ie a lot of changes!) The tall wardrobe has gone, to be replaced with a pair of seats with built in belts. the sideboard has gone, replaced by a three way fridge and with the relocated stove. The sink/stove unit has been replaced with a single unit for the sink. I am in the process of rewiring (to simplify and centralise all the fuses/switches etc) and recovering the carpeted surfaces so will update the photos soon.

firstday4.jpgfirstday5.jpgWeeble Small.jpg

rubbish!!! who in their mind would run a old piece of junk VW LT!!!!

oh i would lol. i have the same year 35, diesel N/A

absolutley rubbish interior stripped out that i hope to get done this spring..

can you post lots more pics of your interior please, will give me ideas on a layout, as i keep going round in circles..

if its not done to my wifes standards, she wont go in it :-(
BTW where are you

Looks a solid van, VW last forever so well worth investing a little time in order to make it suit your use, best of luck.

Thanks!

Cooljules we are in oxfordshire.

I will take a few more pics and upload them as soon as the weather is dry enough to move stuff without it getting wet! At the moment half of the furniture fitted to the floor has been removed. It was fitted to caravan standard but although nice didn't suit our needs, I am hoping our refit will make it a little more personal.

The electrics were a little haphazard and the fridge and stove gas bottles and the leisure batteries had no ventilation and I wanted that sorted asap especially with kids on board.

Glad to hear there is another LT nut on here :)

yeah i can see it was fitted out with caravan items, looked practical but as you say not personal.

there are quite a few here and there, on facebook there is a group, its only small but can be useful. http://www.facebook.com/groups/24899769420/?ref=ts&fref=ts

here in Sheffield its very hilly, so mine often comes to a crawl on hills, its pretty slow. i used it for weekends away with the dogs before i met the wife and was ok for my needs (and the dogs).....but for some reason the wife hated it, hence got to at least make it usable for her.

Hoping to take mine over to E Germany in summer.

Thanks for the FB link, do you use Brickworks?

I will do some decent photos/measurements when I can. Most caravan furniture fits well it seems. I found an old caravan that had a fridge inside a unit to save me making one up and I have frankensteined it with half the unit with the drawers that was already in there an it has slotted in ok. My only problem was working out where the horizontal struts on the side of the van are as I need to cut the holes for the ventilation. Can you still see the inside of your side panels. Mine are lined with ply and I could do with those measurements before I cut!

A trip to E Germany sounds good, are you taking the eurotunnel? We were hoping to go to Spain this year, initial quotes for the Portsmouth/Spain boat trip were large to say the least!

Thanks for the FB link, do you use Brickworks?

I will do some decent photos/measurements when I can. Most caravan furniture fits well it seems. I found an old caravan that had a fridge inside a unit to save me making one up and I have frankensteined it with half the unit with the drawers that was already in there an it has slotted in ok. My only problem was working out where the horizontal struts on the side of the van are as I need to cut the holes for the ventilation. Can you still see the inside of your side panels. Mine are lined with ply and I could do with those measurements before I cut!

A trip to E Germany sounds good, are you taking the eurotunnel? We were hoping to go to Spain this year, initial quotes for the Portsmouth/Spain boat trip were large to say the least!

mine had been converted before i got it, but not very good. i stripped it out but left the wooden panels and insulation there.

not been on brickworks for a few years, not often i saw stuff about LT's

not been with the van, i always went over in a car, with the dog and tent, but always E Germany, using norfolkline, but i think they are under a diff name now

Nice van had ours 10yrs sold it last year to get a newer lt miss the small footprint the old lt had you could park it anywhere brickyard has lots of lt info on it these days.

I've always fancied an LT like this - LINKY - there was one that used to get into Tarifa every year and it really looked the dog's dangelys

That's a very cool van. Serious money when new no doubt.

oh god i have always wanted one of those 4x4's seen them get everywhere, used in deserts. seen top ones offered at 30k, but that was a serious beast. my LT35 is crap on snow, other week was a nightmare...im used to bmws in snow, owt RWD but even on flats it was hard to get it going, even with chunky deep new tyres. i spent nearly a hour stuck in a car park, as it was gravelly and not even, spent ages trying to find grass under the snow so once i got 6' or so of snow away i could get momentum up. i had to get out in reverse as was slightly banked, so it would just slide sideways further down.

A couple of updates....

Cooljules - The new unit from the fridge is half of the old one that was there plus half of one I got for a £10 including the fridge at a scrapyard that had a caravan in. The colourful unit is from a T25 that I got from ebay for £10 and we've decorated with my sons postcards he's been sent before fitting the sink that used to be in the VERY heavy double unit.

The stove is going into the worktop on the left of the fridge.

Hows the planning going?

20130221_175214.jpg20130228_103419.jpg

i like it. look forward to seeing more fotos.

got my layout worked out, so a point. hope to have the van empty in a week so i can do the basics.

Been looking for a metal sink unit. Cant wait to get some actual work done when its not so damp. New pain killers for the knees seem to help a bit so i can actually bend them lol

Jules, perhaps consider using these for a while, you may find a significant improvement.

I've used these, and similar types, for years, always with excellent results, and others (whom I've given heat pads to) have also had good results.

Also, get yourself gardeners kneeling pad from Wilko, as it makes like easier too.

1303170602_41451.jpg

Jules, perhaps consider using these for a while, you may find a significant improvement.

I've used these, and similar types, for years, always with excellent results, and others (whom I've given heat pads to) have also had good results.

Also, get yourself gardeners kneeling pad from Wilko, as it makes like easier too.

1303170602_41451.jpg

thanks, will give them a try, just literally minutes ago woken up in screaming agony when i turned over in my sleep, whole spine feels like its being crushed, knees are bad too on the stairs so look forward to trying them

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back