Ouistreham overnight stop

oppy

Hi folks, we have an early morning sailing in May from Ouistreham where is a safe place to stop overnight within easy reach of the ferry.
Ta
Peter

The free aire at Hermanville-sur-Mer is only a few minutes away.Have used it a couple of times although it only has 6 spaces.
Have also overnighted in a carpark at Luc-sur-Mer in order to have last fix of moules frites.

Thanks for this, but is it safe? I seem to remember there being trouble there a few years ago with break ins
No reference to that in the user comments on CCI. You will note one comment from 2021 referring to the ferry terminal attracting migrants.

No reference to that in the user comments on CCI. You will note one comment from 2021 referring to the ferry terminal attracting migrants.
We were there in October and migrants are still around. You do have to be careful if you leave the van. If you stay with the van, it is better, but they can even crawl into bikes and bike racks. I would stay at least 10 km away.

I’m surprised you two still do early mornings Peter. Do you have Search 4 Sites? There’s quite a few listed on there

I’m surprised you two still do early mornings Peter. Do you have Search 4 Sites? There’s quite a few listed on there
Ooh you are awful !!!!!. Yes the search for sites served us well when we were thrown out of Portugal, Owlhouse used it to lead a group of us home. I'm awaiting a PoI update for our satnags but I've no idea how to add the search 4 sites to the garmin, I truly am a techy numpty and rely on the goodwill of friends here to lead me gently by the hand
Early mornings are ok for me, a wee every couple of hours through the night will ensure being awake (kinda), so stop picking on me !!!!!!!Herumph

Consider staying at the free aire at Hermanville-sur-Mer or the carpark at Luc-sur-Mer for an overnight stop near Ouistreham ferry terminal.

Hermanville is a handy aire. It's a bit sad, as there is cemetery nearby, with the remains of almost 2000 young men, mainly Yorks and Lancashire, slaughtered on the nearby beach.

I parked at the back of the tourist information office at Merville-Franceville-Plage as the Aire was full it's only a few miles from the port.

There were 2 other, French vans on the aire.
They ignored us completely, even when we wished them " Bonjour, toute va bien aqui ? ".

Being on French time they left earlier, than us.

When we left and filled up at the Bourne, there was a fresh sticker over the tap.. " Don't you feel that there are too many British people coming over here, raising house prices, or just passing through , spending nothing, avoiding taxes ? In French.

They obviously hadn't looked over the cemetery wall , during their 2 night stay.

I've gone off the French, in general, since then..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back