Oppy freeby and a wanted

oppy

Hi folks, for various reasons I am not doing much in the posting line but--------------------Have any of you a use for a brand new motorcycle top box? I bought it for the Guzzi, but didn't like it, so if you can give it a home, 'tis yours https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOMCOM-2...963140?hash=item3fc4661184:g:P38AAOSwLxhc-Wo-
My want is for a piece of aluminium to cover the hole where my now defunct carver water heater once was, either that or an external locker door and frame (yes please !!)

Last edited:
Hi folks, for various reasons I am not doing much in the posting line but--------------------Have any of you a use for a brand new motorcycle top box? I bought it for the Guzzi, but didn't like it, so if you can give it a home, 'tis yours
My want is for a piece of aluminium to cover the hole where my now defunct carver water heater once was, either that or an external locker door and frame (yes please !!)
What size do you need I have some aluminium chequered plate here I can cut some off for you, you could always put the chequered side to the inside, leaving the smooth to the outside

What size is the top box Oppy.
Hiya, It is, I think, practically the same as this
although I seem to have dropped one of the keys somewhere behind my bench, it'll turn up I'm sure

What size do you need I have some aluminium chequered plate here I can cut some off for you, you could always put the chequered side to the inside, leaving the smooth to the outside
Thanks, the size of the Carver cover is (in foreign !!) 26 x 28 , or in proper non eu, about a foot square. What I would probably do is fasten the now redundant cover to the plate--------there's so many bashes and dents on the old bus, no one would notice, again, ta

Thanks, the size of the Carver cover is (in foreign !!) 26 x 28 , or in proper non eu, about a foot square. What I would probably do is fasten the now redundant cover to the plate--------there's so many bashes and dents on the old bus, no one would notice, again, ta
Is that 26 x 28 centimetres?

Look on the back side of the chequer plate it is usually dimpled due to the pressing of the aluminium to gain the pattern on the front side.

Hi folks, for various reasons I am not doing much in the posting line but--------------------Have any of you a use for a brand new motorcycle top box? I bought it for the Guzzi, but didn't like it, so if you can give it a home, 'tis yours https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOMCOM-2...963140?hash=item3fc4661184:g:P38AAOSwLxhc-Wo-
Would stainless not be a better option? less likely to scratch and dull up if any chemical/cleaning solution is used on it.

Would stainless not be a better option? less likely to scratch and dull up if any chemical/cleaning solution is used on it.
Maybe but it is to go on the outside of the van which is aluminium and I will probably spray it before refitting the carver vent on to it. It would though be a great idea if I were to make feature of it, sadly though our van maybe many things, but shiny certainly aint one of them.
Thanks for the idea though, I hadn't thought along those lines

Ok just a thought, If you are spray painting yourself I presume you know to etch prime fresh aluminium before painting. (y)

And it must be two pack acid etch,best to fit a dummy locker door.
Thanks Trev but looking on fleabay yesterday 2nd hand ones are silly money, a commodity in short supply around oppy towers which is why I'm looking for something to slap on the side, if you see what I mean

Thanks folks for getting back to me but one of our members has PMd me with an offer, so thanks again
Peter
I still have the top box up for grabs, it'll fit nicely on the back of your scooter or 125 bike.

I'll be wanting to get rid of some records soon too, but I'll want a little cash for them

Hi Peter,

When the Artic ran into the back of my outfit in Spain the top box on my 125 run about was separated from the bike; flew over the MoHo; hit & damaged the Fimma; and the landed on the road next to the passenger door. I then hit it and knocked it into the fast lane where another Artic hit it. So I will eventually need a replacement. 😭

I'm still looking for a big enough can of T cut to sort the bike out. I'll PM you when I've got that sorted (could be a while!).
IMG_20191021_124819.jpg

Today I have received a 12" square piece of aluminium art, pre drilled, painted and complete with all the bits and pieces needed for me to fit it. Sue and I are blown away, this is a gift from one of our members, so a great big thanks. As I have said on many occasions, we are not a club nor a community, we are one big family, so thank you again for being part of mine.
Peter

Really warms the cockles of the heart! This forum is amazingly kind....

(Where did that saying come from? :unsure: )

Hi Peter,

When the Artic ran into the back of my outfit in Spain the top box on my 125 run about was separated from the bike; flew over the MoHo; hit & damaged the Fimma; and the landed on the road next to the passenger door. I then hit it and knocked it into the fast lane where another Artic hit it. So I will eventually need a replacement. 😭

I'm still looking for a big enough can of T cut to sort the bike out. I'll PM you when I've got that sorted (could be a while!).View attachment 81881
Ouch!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back