Opportunity in Lincolnshire?

maureenandtom

The Byelaw for Huttoft Car Terrace was instituted by Lincolnshire County Council and there has been plenty of correspondence about it on wild camping. Huttoft Car Terrace lies within the boundaries of East Lindsey District Council - as does Skegness - and the height barriers in Skegness were the responsibility of East Lindsey. The height barriers were talked about on here but didn't get quite the same attention.

A day or so ago Councillor Craig Leyland of East Lindsey was interviewed on BBC Breakfast Television - 11th July - and that interview is here: BBC B'fast Skegness 0651 Cllr Leyland - YouTube

The gist of it is that the local economy is greatly dependent on tourism but tourism is seasonal and the council wonders how to attract business out of season. Now Lincolnshire CC and East Lindsay District Council have been particularly vicious about motorhomes but ...

Our Unique Selling Point as motorhomers is that we are not seasonal tourists. If efforts were to be made to attract us then we are a year round resource and this could be our opportunity to tell the council so.

Cllr Craig Leyland's email address is: craig.leyland@e-lindsey.gov.uk
or the council is at: customerservices@e-lindsey.gov.uk
or a list of councillors is at: East Lindsey District Council | Welcome | East Lindsey District Council

I'd email the lot of them.

Last edited:
Can't access the video. Comes up as private?

I used to visit Huttoft quite regularly but I have not been since it all kicked off with the height barriers and parking. But I believe that has been relaxed now, can anyone tell us what the latest situation is please??

I may well email the councillor and enlighten him as to how motorhomers can be year round contributors to his local economy.

Can't access the video. Comes up as private?

I used to visit Huttoft quite regularly but I have not been since it all kicked off with the height barriers and parking. But I believe that has been relaxed now, can anyone tell us what the latest situation is please??

I may well email the councillor and enlighten him as to how motorhomers can be year round contributors to his local economy.

Sorry. I've changed the link and it should be ok now. Will you test it for me? Not all that used to uploading such stuff.

Tom

Last edited:
The Byelaw for Huttoft Car Terrace was instituted by Lincolnshire County Council and there has been plenty of correspondence about it on wild camping. Huttoft Car Terrace lies within the boundaries of East Lindsey District Council - as does Skegness - and the height barriers in Skegness were the responsibility of East Lindsey. The height barriers were talked about on here but didn't get quite the same attention.

A day or so ago Councillor Craig Leyland of East Lindsey was interviewed on BBC Breakfast Television - 11th July - and that interview is here: BBC B'fast Skegness 0651 Cllr Leyland - YouTube

The gist of it is that the local economy is greatly dependent on tourism but tourism is seasonal and the council wonders how to attract business out of season. Now Lincolnshire CC and East Lindsay District Council have been particularly vicious about motorhomes but ...

Our Unique Selling Point as motorhomers is that we are not seasonal tourists. If efforts were to be made to attract us then we are a year round resource and this could be our opportunity to tell the council so.

Cllr Craig Leyland's email address is: craig.leyland@e-lindsey.gov.uk
or the council is at: customerservices@e-lindsey.gov.uk
or a list of councillors is at: East Lindsey District Council | Welcome | East Lindsey District Council

I'd email the lot of them.

Councillor emailed

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back