Operation shakedown .

runnach

Well suitably giddy spending time in the new to me caravan last night .

Firstly I can vouch despite a dodgy reputation range rovers can tow and Lucy took it all in her stride, big car anyway never even broke into a sweat and returned 🙀21.7 mpg ( ouch)

In the van I feel like have never been away the heating a truma ultra heat system seems all or nothing ran off electric and boosted by gas twas toastie but just need to fly it ...Michelle is treating the whole excercise as a giant Wendy house I have been furnished with slippers and having to behave myself

We have made a decision to camp a little earlier than the festive period twixt Yorkshire and Liverpool so we can do the necessary but mundane dialysis routine

I have already been given a chicken to road test the cooking facilities a home made pie tonight I think ....oh and the dogs loving his new kennel

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Enjoy your new caravan Andrew, keep yourself warm out there it’s cold right now.
We are heading east tomorrow heater on before we head out 🥶🥶🥶

I remember speaking to a guy years ago in Cornwall, I had a Saab 900 and caravan, he had a Jag XJS and caravan. On his roof he had mounted one of those whale tail winddeflectirs you got back in the 70’s and I asked if it made any difference. His reply was 6 mpg without, 9 mpg with GULP!

Enjoy the experience. We find the heating in the caravan warms up quicker with gas but can be boosted with electric. Stay warm. :) 🌈 🦄

Spot on in winter we only get 1.8kw on electric 2. On gas 6kw, on mix 5.8kw. You really need gas or mix if on hook up in winter.

Daughter and son-in-law have a Range Rover 3.6 TD V8 Vogue SE and can get 25 MPG ( driven very very carefully ) on the motorway whether it`s towing or not.

Round town however it`s totally different and only does 15 - 18 MPG.

Looks cozy ,i do hope you have no intentions of introducing a SNAKE,health to wear. ;)

ive never understood rangerovers, i had a discovery that solo returned low thirties and not much worse towing. but both die from the rust bug.

Enjoy Andrew and stay warm well at least you’re feet will be warm in your slippers!

Thanks for posting Andrew. Looks nice and cosy. Old man now wearing slippers. Enjoy your adventures and mind Scotland's not to far away

fuel economy and land rovers aren't two words that sit comfortably together

Solo on a motorway feathering the throttle ii can get 34.7 mpg comparable with the Bmw overall achieving 26 /28 ish to the gallon . And the amount of electronics on the car scares me to death reading forums there never seems a cheap fix when they do go wrong

Towiing combined weight is close to 3500 kgs., considering the power plant is a v6 2.,7 190 bhp with bags of torque permanent 4 wd twin turbos ,,,economy is never up the list of benefits

Part of the reason behind this car is the normal trudge to hospital is 2 miles each way, missing sessions due to bad weather couple of steep hills to negotiate is not a realistic option ...I can do two weeks trips on a gallon of fuel so things start to become palatable .

In a previous life I was involved twice with jeep the rr certainly compatible , yup took her off-road a couple of times deep mud one or two steepish inclines and the car not once unsettled. Nervous could get stuck car just hauled itself out totally unflusterd no dramas ....... For me at least so far she works , pleasant to drive too . If s car could talk we would have some interesting conversations , most of them oh ye of little faith ,not even broke into a sweat mate .

HA ha i remember at kings hall car show hurst motors demonstrating the first range rovers through a muc bath,it got stuck so we lent them our toyota landcruser to pull them out,talk about a red face,think the engine is still used in the cheeta buses,built like a brick s--t house.

Lol I remember back in the days of fiat there was a fleet of pandas in North Africa doing holiday tours and they used a rr as a back up vehicle ,,,, it was more trouble than it was worth forever sinking in sand the pandas skimmed across the sand .

Never had a Range Rover, had a petrol Land Rover for internal use in the quarry and while that hardly even had windscreen wiping it would pretty much go anywhere. Will never forget going up one in-line I had been bet it wouldn’t do, said to the doubter it almost looks a vertical drop in rear view mirror, when he looked back he went to jump out and I had to grab him in case we did roll back over lol

on the road we had one of the old square shape short wheelbase Pajero 2.7? Turbo diesel grey import and that was extremely competent off road and always returned high twenties

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back