One pan special classic

runnach

20 minutes maximum time an old forgotten classic Beef Strogonoff you can even cut the 20 mins down by using two pans !

Ingredients

ingredients.jpg

If you choose to use one pan, take the steaks and rather than cut into strips cut into decent size chunks and fry off in Olive oil ,place in the pan and after a coupe of minutes turn over'''' not a stir dish this way ...The benefit is the steak caramalises so a touch more flavour and a bit of colour the texture is med rare to medium

Take out the pan and rest

In a seperate pand sweat off onions until translucent add sliced mushrooms a touch of tomato puree and keep stirring until all is sweated down add the paprika for a few second heaped dessert spoon or to taste and stir in the onion mixture add the soured cream or creme fraiche and stir until warmed through ....re add the steak and stir through garnish with parsley and serve with rice traditional or pasta

Most people add the paprika with the steak but inavariably it burns and taints the flavour so adding to the sauce stops this problem

The dish freezes well, also great for modest budgets

Beefstrog.jpg

I should add the beef stockpot went in the sauce and finished with a squeeze of lemon

Channa

I cook a lot. But I always pick up a nice tip from you Channa. Not coating the meat in flour with paprika, but added the paprika later. Thank you.

Copied and pasted into my recipe folder for when I get the pack of medallion steaks out of the freezer! Thanks!:bow:

Thanks Andrew your on a roll now with recipes, thanks and hope your health is good:wave:

I cook a lot. But I always pick up a nice tip from you Channa. Not coating the meat in flour with paprika, but added the paprika later. Thank you.

I took a series of shots as part of another project but here is one of the meat cooked same style as you would a steak so the meat caramalieses ...had I added paprika it would have burnt

strog meat.jpg

One or two pieces got well done blamiing a strange stove and sticking to that excuse the majority mediumrare which added a new dimension Each piece of meat turned seperate so timing is a challenge

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back