On tv tonight

• Thread starter messenger 2.5td
  • Start date

messenger 2.5td

Britains best drives Richard Wilson travels around Cornwall in a VW campervan if it's anything like the previous 2 episodes will be worth a look.On bbc4 at 8.30(freeview or sky or here on the internet via bbc iplayer)Andy.

according to my mrs victor meldrew drives a 52 plate mc louis 690 g,funny that ,its the same as me

Did any one watch it ? he loved crunching the gears in that restored splitty that old tin mine place looked a good spot for a bit of wilding:)the program thats on now after it looks good .

Mike

Just watched via bbc iplayer,the tin mine looked like a great place to overnight anyone stayed there.Richard's gear changing doe's leaves a lot to be desired(a bit like the cornbeef hash):eek:the vw gearbox probably needs a rebuild now.The first 2 episodes are still available on iplayer episode 1 was Pickering to Scarborough in a Morris Traveller the 2nd the Llanberis pass in a Ford Zodiac(he had trouble with those gearboxs also).Next week Richard is in the Lake District in a Triumph tr3a so i will look forward to that,Andy.

Very nice area of Cornwall, shame about the grinding teeth, or was it his own doing the nashing?:D Richard would'nt do as a wild camper, wanted own loo etc, but found some lovely spots.
Nicest split screen camper I have seen for a while, was during the recent Whithouse Farm Meet, was in the drive of a local chap who was only too pleased to show us around it. Martin Clunes (Doc Martin) was about to purchase it, so maybe another show about to start?

Happy Camping:)

Bring on next weekend-we'll be researching the mines/W-C spots and getting back to you all here on a new thread:D

Hi

The Tin mine at Botallack is a great place to stay the night, fantastic views, I would recommend parking up against the wall next to the Count House. I believe its owned by the NT. Thats about 50yds from where he parked the VW. I get the feeling wild camping would not be tolerated if more than a couple of vans turned up - the odd one or two is ignored.

Great pub in Botallack. 5 mins walking from Count House

If needed campsite with showers at Truthwall, 30 seconds drive from Botallack to St Just.

Paul

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back