Oldham pub or wildcamp overnight

cancunia

I need to meet up with some friends in Oldham for food & drink during the day and want to overnight somewhere nearby. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions about pubs that allow overnights in the car park or somewhere that I can park up & overnight? It can be outside of Oldham, but needs to be accessible via bus or tram. Maybe towards Saddleworth or similar somewhere around Oldham around for a walk out the next day.

Thanks

Thanks, I saw that & also the Church Inn at Uppermill. I've tried to contact both, the WhiteHouse phone was engaged the 3 times I tried & am waiting to hear back from the Church via the contact form on their web site. Both places have their plus points, the Whitehouse is walking distance & Sam Smiths while the Church has it's own brewery and is close to Saddleworth with a bus every 30 mins to Oldham. I'll report back when I have more info.
If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be grateful to hear about them.

I would be very pleased if the Sam Smith pub allows overnighting..
The Chairman was dead against it, last time I raised the question with them.
The.... Society Of Disgruntled Disheveled Elderly Motorhomers, (. S.O.D.D.E.M ) , has been boycotting them for years.

Church inn is usually very friendly with prior notice (ideally ringing) if you drink and buy a meal....

Level/Parking can be tight if you've a large ish motorhome
Not sure it's fully open yet though

Church inn is usually very friendly with prior notice (ideally ringing) if you drink and buy a meal....

Level/Parking can be tight if you've a large ish motorhome
Not sure it's fully open yet though

Thanks for the info, I'll call them if no reply to the contact form. I'm not going for a couple of weeks, so hopefully they'll be open by then. My van is not too large so it should fit OK.

I would be very pleased if the Sam Smith pub allows overnighting..
The Chairman was dead against it, last time I raised the question with them.
The.... Society Of Disgruntled Disheveled Elderly Motorhomers, (. S.O.D.D.E.M ) , has been boycotting them for years.
'Them' being Sam Smiths in general?

Yes, The " Old Man ", was dead against it, when I last talked to their customer service dept. 3 years ago..
Mind you, things change..
Worth contacting them again..? After the last 18 months ?
If a lot of us bother them, they might realise that there's a market.
Just contact customer services.

Tried to call the Whitehouse, phone engaged again / still so am guessing there's something amiss.

Thanks for the info, I'll call them if no reply to the contact form. I'm not going for a couple of weeks, so hopefully they'll be open by then. My van is not too large so it should fit OK.

The food there is fantastic BTW....

Tried to call the Whitehouse, phone engaged again / still so am guessing there's something amiss.
Googling White House Inn Oldham Edge brings up a result showing it to be permanently closed.

Googling White House Inn Oldham Edge brings up a result showing it to be permanently closed.
Yep, there are some other search results that suggest it was re-opened in 2019 but Covid will have closed it for the duration. It's always a shame to see a pub closed permanently so will keep a look out, unfortunately the number is still engaged today so not too hopeful. If it's on the POI, they may have allowed overnights before so worth a bit of effort.

'Them' being Sam Smiths in general?
A family member works for Sam Smiths as a farm manager and lives in one of there properties , the list of things they can't do is quite long, No Satellite Dishes and no caravans allow to be parked/stored on the farm. So I would not expect this to change anytime soon In regard to parking in there pub car parks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back