Old VW 4x4 conversion

Built my 1st van on a mk1 vw lt base minibus they are a compact size due to the engine between the seats. we had everything we needed for 2 adults and 2 kids including a toilet room great vans. The westfalia florida packs a ton of stuff into these.

Mike

At least he has a loo, Iā€™m looking at used vans and noticed how many ā€œoff roadā€ , ā€œwild campā€, ā€œoff gridā€ or whatever else you like to call it have no loo or shower at all, some asking over Ā£50 grand!!! Yes really Ā£50K and nowhere to go except behind a bush, EBay have loads of these home made vans, Christ knows what they weigh with more wood in them that the Black Forest.

I had a LT35 flat bed truck in the late 80s, the cab wasn't actually VW at all but a MAN 7.5t cab, and the transporter was modelled of it.

The only thing I never liked was the gear change, as it was RHD but designed as LHD and the engine was in the cab the linkage went all round the houses and was well worn, I never got to sorting it out, but otherwise I loved driving it, certainly better than the V4 transit that preceded it.

Last edited:
At least he has a loo, Iā€™m looking at used vans and noticed how many ā€œoff roadā€ , ā€œwild campā€, ā€œoff gridā€ or whatever else you like to call it have no loo or shower at all, some asking over Ā£50 grand!!! Yes really Ā£50K and nowhere to go except behind a bush, EBay have loads of these home made vans, Christ knows what they weigh with more wood in them that the Black Forest.
Now they are crying when Swansea wont register them as a motorcaravan..

Not to mention the Gateau ... :D And the weight of the Tijuana Brass and that Herb Albert ... o_O

Steve

Built my 1st van on a mk1 vw lt base minibus they are a compact size due to the engine between the seats. we had everything we needed for 2 adults and 2 kids including a toilet room great vans. The westfalia florida packs a ton of stuff into these.

Mike
There was ayoung man from Westfalia,
Who painted his arse like a dahlia.
Tuppence a smell
was all very well.
But thruppence a lick waa a failure
Always sing when we see one in the motorhome

It's not for sale, btw, in case anybody was wondering whether we were up for buying it! :ROFLMAO:

Gutted this morning as just narrowly missed out on a pretty decent Autosleeper Nuevo in Colne, Lancashire which would have suited us perfectly.
Deposit has been accepted from a buyer yesterday who is returning with the balance tomorrow. Buyer apparently "has a caravan to sell"... hmmmm :unsure::unsure::unsure:
Seller (seemed genuine enough) will get back to me if it falls through, but probably not much hope of that. :cry:

It also had 2 x refillable Gaslo bottles + solar panel as extras, low miles and a pretty decent MOT history (as far as you can trust MOT histories, that is :unsure:šŸ™„ )

The frustrating search continues, but van withdrawal symptoms are driving me nuts .....!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜ šŸ˜Ÿ

Typical, main dealers are usually clueless. :)
I just had a quick google and found this bit of info

Probably best off looking on mobile.de, if you want one. Usually a few there. They won't be cheap though.

It's not for sale, btw, in case anybody was wondering whether we were up for buying it! :ROFLMAO:

Gutted this morning as just narrowly missed out on a pretty decent Autosleeper Nuevo in Colne, Lancashire which would have suited us perfectly.
Deposit has been accepted from a buyer yesterday who is returning with the balance tomorrow. Buyer apparently "has a caravan to sell"... hmmmm :unsure::unsure::unsure:
Seller (seemed genuine enough) will get back to me if it falls through, but probably not much hope of that. :cry:

It also had 2 x refillable Gaslo bottles + solar panel as extras, low miles and a pretty decent MOT history (as far as you can trust MOT histories, that is :unsure:šŸ™„ )

The frustrating search continues, but van withdrawal symptoms are driving me nuts .....!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜ šŸ˜Ÿ
'are driving me nuts' That's what I told Elaine the steering wheel in my knickers was for ... (y) :rolleyes:

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back