Old style GB sticker

rockape

IF Brexit happens will we need to revert back to the old style as ive been inform that the UK tag on you registration plate will no longer be valid?

Sorted mine out straight after the referendum.

SAM_0570.jpg

You can buy a Union Jack GB sticker to cover the EU GB part of the numberplate. £2.50ish for a pair on Amazon.

Just to add we have not yet left the EU so maybe hold off doing anything until we do maybe?

Last edited:
I changed ours because I wanted to get rid of the EU part and revert back to proper UK plates.
British Bulldog!!!!:dance:

I'm holding off, in the hope that I don't have to affix a GB sticker on 29 March.

Im no putting a union flag nor a red hand of ulster on my van as it may get stoned in wrong parts of country.:scared::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

picked a GB sticker up on Ebay for 99p inc postage , but wont put it on yet as I have an aversion to stickers of any kind.
Picked the wifes new car up yesterday and fisrt thing I did was take off the stickers on the inside of windows which advertise products and garages.

They can pay me to leave them on , im not their travelling billboard.

I have a GB sticker waiting in the wings (as do many folk - they are usually included with the headlamp deflectors :) )

there have been times and places where it wasn't a good idea to advertise any more than necessary , so i have never had a GB sticker

there have been times and places where it wasn't a good idea to advertise any more than necessary , so i have never had a GB sticker
I think I've seen some with BZ on them, principality of Brizzel.

The only time we've had a GB sticker was when going to some parts of Europe in the early 1960s in a VW camper. There was still a fair bit of post-war anti-German feeling then, and you could sense the initial hostility as we arrived in a VW, which evaporated when they realised we weren't German.

Now it would be the other way round: who would want to be thought British? It's almost as bad as being assumed to be a Trump supporter.

Worse for me from n/I every one thinks we are bombers.:scared::hammer:

My number plate has SCO on it. Not going to change that. The GB sticker on the left is balanced by the ECOSSE sticker on the right.

The only time we've had a GB sticker was when going to some parts of Europe in the early 1960s in a VW camper. There was still a fair bit of post-war anti-German feeling then, and you could sense the initial hostility as we arrived in a VW, which evaporated when they realised we weren't German.

Now it would be the other way round: who would want to be thought British? It's almost as bad as being assumed to be a Trump supporter.
Not so sure about that, a Greek taxi driver in Thessaloniki about 4 years ago was very abrupt with me until he realised I was British, then apologised and explained that he'd initially thought I was German :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back