Old phone, now have your very own car tracker.

harrow

Some good ideas for old smart phones.

now have your very own car tracker. FIND YOUR CAR.... click on link below,

14 uses for your old phone | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice.

11. Find your car
You can use your phone as a tracker to locate your car if it’s lost or stolen, and it’s lot easier than you might think. Simply keep your old phone running on a low cost SIM only plan, and register it on 'Find my Device' (Android) or 'Find my iPhone'. Then hide it in your car somewhere, and don’t forget to keep it charged. That’s all there is to it - you now have your very own car tracker.

14. Use it for emergencies
Last but not least, you can keep your phone for emergencies. The main point worth remembering here is that you can call 999 even if you don’t have a SIM card in it. So just be sure to keep it charged, put it in a safe place like your purse or glove compartment of your care, and you’ve got an emergency phone you can use if your main one’s out of battery or unavailable.

Some good ideas for old smart phones.

now have your very own car tracker. FIND YOUR CAR.... click on link below,

14 uses for your old phone | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice.

11. Find your car
You can use your phone as a tracker to locate your car if it’s lost or stolen, and it’s lot easier than you might think. Simply keep your old phone running on a low cost SIM only plan, and register it on 'Find my Device' (Android) or 'Find my iPhone'. Then hide it in your car somewhere, and don’t forget to keep it charged. That’s all there is to it - you now have your very own car tracker.

14. Use it for emergencies
Last but not least, you can keep your phone for emergencies. The main point worth remembering here is that you can call 999 even if you don’t have a SIM card in it. So just be sure to keep it charged, put it in a safe place like your purse or glove compartment of your care, and you’ve got an emergency phone you can use if your main one’s out of battery or unavailable.

Unfortunately have no old phones vanished with stolen van . Bought a thingy from Vodafone , £2 pm rental works worldwide

Don't ever replace a phone until it's no good for nothing

Thats true up to a point, recently I was concerned that we did not have any spare 3G smart phones, and I bought a couple of second hand ones, one for £10 and one for £20 brilliant.

biggest problem with the tracker idea is keeping the phone charged, guess youd have to keep it hidden so scroat doesnt just throw it out the window, so youll soon forget about it. unless youve got a hidden power socket so you can leave it plugged into power perminantly.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back