Old paper driving license / International Driving Permit in France

I've never had cause to update my paper license to the plastic card, and I'm quite happy to keep it that way. But I saw something recently on Faceache (so it must be true) which said that under the post ****** Trade and Cooperation Agreement, people without a plastic card need an International Driving Permit.

But on the UK Gov website, it seems to say my paper license remains valid.

Can anybody point me towards a definitive answer please?
Are you sure your licence is still in date.

Yes, it was fine but I've just applied for the plastic one so I don't need to worry when I'm in Europe.
I may be way of the mark here, when you apply for the new plastic license prior to paper one expires at 70, does the replacement still maintain your C1 entitlement?

I now remember who warned me I have watch if moving from paper to single card licence and I may lose C1. It was college EV manager, he was checking individuals licence who use college vehicles.

I now remember who warned me I have watch if moving from paper to single card licence and I may lose C1. It was college EV manager, he was checking individuals licence who use college vehicles.
The only thing to worry about is DVLA accidentally omitting entitlements; good to retain a scanned copy of the paper licence and check on receipt of the photocard.

Back