Old German Hymer spotted - how old?

st3v3

19215841010_93c05254ce_z.jpg

We parked up on the Parrys lane, Bristol POI and had a picnic with OC domestic's parents who live down the road. And a few beers ;)

These guys pulled up and didn't get out of the van the whole evening which seemed odd as it's a lovely place to wander around. Looked like a couple of kids with them as well. Ah well, each to their own...

But does anyone know just how old it is? Was a big old bus.

We did get chatting to another couple who had only had their van for a week, they were tent people up until then and were heading back home to Devon. Sat drinking with them until midnight - nice time :)

19397245842_a8c0036cea_z.jpg

Good looking old van, well loved but can't see the country it's from ?

Update, Germany (have gone word blind) sorry st3v3. I even screenshot it to zoom in, just goes to show age doesn't bring wisdom, I'm just as stupid but with a little more authority.

My guess is late 70s as it as plain glass Windows an italain fríend as a 1983 which as all plastic windows

I've never seen that backend on a Hymer, if you are sure it's a Hymer then I reckon that design echoes back to the "caravan on the back of a truck days", early 70's?

I've never seen that backend on a Hymer, if you are sure it's a Hymer then I reckon that design echoes back to the "caravan on the back of a truck days", early 70's?
I have seen that backend a few times but not in the UK, if you look at the roof on the front it looks like it has been modified, although Hymer did also have rounded fronts which still looked like Mercedes even then
Pobliska Ulica: 1979? Opel Hymer Mobil

Just done some googling and the latest date I can find for that style is 77, so 77 or earlier is probably the answer.

It was a Merc, and had hymermobil on the side.

Well, we've just driven back home from a meal out past this spot and zee Germans are still there for their 8th night - wonder if they've got out of the van yet...

Of course, I haven't been past there every night - I suppose it's possible they are now on the return leg of their journey...

Didn't get any, but if you can post something I might recognise...

Eye-balling....

Ah-ha!
The 'other couple' who had only had their van a week was us - Mary, Badger & Colin!
We have obviously taken your advice and joined this community! Thanks for that lovely evening (wine & cricket on Clifton Downs - what better way to relax!)
Can confirm that - though the old Hymer left long after you - and even though the Bristol Race For Life 'Muddy Run' went right past their van - they never came out once!

Colin

19215841010_93c05254ce_z.jpg

We parked up on the Parrys lane, Bristol POI and had a picnic with OC domestic's parents who live down the road. And a few beers ;)

These guys pulled up and didn't get out of the van the whole evening which seemed odd as it's a lovely place to wander around. Looked like a couple of kids with them as well. Ah well, each to their own...

But does anyone know just how old it is? Was a big old bus.

We did get chatting to another couple who had only had their van for a week, they were tent people up until then and were heading back home to Devon. Sat drinking with them until midnight - nice time :)

19397245842_a8c0036cea_z.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back