Oh woe WAS me.

Harrytherid

Had a few days away enjoying the sunshine in Devon and Somerset with the newly fixed electrics. Did not have any problems with it except the toilet flush did not work (did not think to check that as the pump was working) but a bottle got us through. Had it been a longer trip I would probably have traced the problem which I shall do now I am home and once daughter and family have been and gone. How inconsiderate of them to come to visit when the weather is so nice and we would have liked to stay away longer. Now I must get new front tyres and the front brakes are grumbling so maybe the pads are worn out. I'll have that seen to at the same time.

If you have a separate flush water tank, the problem is usually the impeller is jammed by crud.
Loads of vids on YT showing how to remove and clean the pump, max 30 minute easy job.
Second commonest cause is no water in flush tank, even easier to fix!

If you don't have a separate tank the toilet is flushed by the same pump that powers the taps.

Thanks r4dent but I am just about certain it is the valve not opening. When I have fixed it I shall let you know. Cant do so now as garage has it for those pesky brakes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back