Offline usage

gazzy

Free Member
I’m sure I’ve seen this topic before but here goes, why can’t the app be used offline? Surely the whole purpose of wild camping is to be able to look up wild camping spots whilst out on the road when we have no WiFi connection. We always had this option when I first became a member so why not now?

Can you not download the POI’s to google Maps, maps.me or similar so you can refer to them offline?

Pat

The app is feature-rich and IIRC the complexity and cost of development and implementation was prohibitive and with his mobile WiFi setup Phil would probably tend to view Internet access as not much of an issue when on the road.
I use Organic Maps as a fallback when I have no Internet connection (using the kml files provided for use with maps.me). https://github.com/organicmaps/organicmaps#readme

I’m sure I’ve seen this topic before but here goes, why can’t the app be used offline? Surely the whole purpose of wild camping is to be able to look up wild camping spots whilst out on the road when we have no WiFi connection. We always had this option when I first became a member so why not now?
You can use the POI downloads with apps like maps.me offline.
Our apps use Google Maps to allow the use of Streetview. Google maps are not available for offline use in third-party apps.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back