Off Road for Winter

theres one on page 5 in the gallery I call him Hizzy Whizzy note its a him cos hes to ugly to be female :D

cas said:
theres one on page 5 in the gallery I call him Hizzy Whizzy note its a him cos hes to ugly to be female :D
wow cas i love him.......mint...my dad has a self build merc,he loves to pieces....;)

Yeh Ive still got bertha parked in the back garden, ive strated strippin her out but couldnt bare to part with her so now thinkin of puttin her back together :D

cas said:
Yeh Ive still got bertha parked in the back garden, ive strated strippin her out but couldnt bare to part with her so now thinkin of puttin her back together :D
worth it if you love them eh cas......
this is my dads......note we are on camp site cause dad cant/wont wild it cause he's not got on board water & waste...& other reasons..it took him 4 years to complete,and note on the front that name "FRITZ" thats the m/h's name...samm x

1.jpg

I love the old mercs Bertha has a huge on board tank under neath,dead simple to put on, I was gonna put it on hizzy but hes to low, Berthas on page 2 and yes I did have her painted that colour:D Im having hizzy done red over the winter

cas said:
I love the old mercs Bertha has a huge on board tank under neath,dead simple to put on, I was gonna put it on hizzy but hes to low, Berthas on page 2 and yes I did have her painted that colour:D Im having hizzy done red over the winter
cool when you can personalise them eh cas..x

cas said:
Mine isnt built on a comercial vehical its built on a ford cortina :eek:

Hey thats interesting. I've never seen one of them. I guess its built on the Cortina Pick Up you used to see around.

Sam
Looks like yer dad has built a nice van there. Reminds me of a Merc 207D self build i had 10 years ago, that was a low top too. But it was a nightmare for me cos i'm 6'1".
It was also bright red, and all me mates was calling me Postman Pat.

Biker Jeff said:
Sam
Looks like yer dad has built a nice van there. Reminds me of a Merc 207D self build i had 10 years ago, that was a low top too. But it was a nightmare for me cos i'm 6'1".
It was also bright red, and all me mates was calling me Postman Pat.
ha ha ha good story jeff.....my dad spent his time doing it up & put the guts out of a rolled caravan in it,he has got it looking very nice indeed.when i saw it finished,i was like wow.....i want 1 & also my hubby wanted to do a project,but i talked him out of that as i know my hubby isnt like my dad & it would never have got finished..so we cheated & bought the mclouis...but my dads has the edge....he also calls it "fritz"..ha ha ha..samm x

Biker Jeff said:
Hey thats interesting. I've never seen one of them. I guess its built on the Cortina Pick Up you used to see around.

No Jeff its on a MK5 front with an additional chassis on the back its a little 6 wheeler but the back ones in a row not side by side:D

daily use

i use my van 7 days a week (cant afford to run a car as well) it takes us to work shopping ect and out every weekend rain snow it dont matter we luv the owd van they have even raised the height bar on car park at work.

regards to all ANDY.

wigan pier said:
i use my van 7 days a week (cant afford to run a car as well) it takes us to work shopping ect and out every weekend rain snow it dont matter we luv the owd van they have even raised the height bar on car park at work.

regards to all ANDY.
very nice of your work eh..:D
good to get use out of her isnt it...our car is only a cheap runaround cant afford anything else either...but it makes up for it when your out & about in the m/h...samm x :)

wigan pier said:
Same with us...daily driver (as we have no regular public transport in my area). Supermarket 26 miles away....overnight stays when working as well as the usual weekends and longer stays.

cas said:
How many off us take our vans off the road for winter and what month do you do it, with me its when the tax runs out I only do it for 6 months
we use it all year round the heater keeps us nice and cosy and we spent xmas night in it as we had guests stopping had to get up and turn the heater off cos i was melting :D

walkers said:
we use it all year round the heater keeps us nice and cosy and we spent xmas night in it as we had guests stopping had to get up and turn the heater off cos i was melting :D

Forgot to mention another use. Winter storms here (west side of Skye) usually mean power cuts of several hours or even days as this March.
In van, heater on, stove in use and the Dvd player in fullcry...that ought to count as "wild" camping.

wow thats a really nice looking Merc selfbuild.....Cas,is your kit camper a starcraft ?

sagart said:
Forgot to mention another use. Winter storms here (west side of Skye) usually mean power cuts of several hours or even days as this March.
In van, heater on, stove in use and the Dvd player in fullcry...that ought to count as "wild" camping.
being forced in to using the m/home? 'heaven' lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back