Off Road for Winter

cas

How many off us take our vans off the road for winter and what month do you do it, with me its when the tax runs out I only do it for 6 months

Thats good I was thinking about an end of season meet in November to tie in with my birthday

cas said:
How many off us take our vans off the road for winter and what month do you do it, with me its when the tax runs out I only do it for 6 months
I use mine all year but if you do take it off the road in winter dont leave the handbrake on as the brakes will seize up secure the wheels with chocks and leave it in gear so it dont roll away, remember to take it out of gear and start the engine up every now and then move it a short distance and back to keep things free it is good for the tyres also, charge the battery as well to keep it topped and all should be well when your van is back on the road in the camping season.

typical man I dont do all that, stick it park handbrake off, stick the booster on to start it when i need to move it :D

cas said:
i use mine all year...we were away around xmas,we spent xmas day in it too,we had a week away...we loved it & will never put her to sleep for the winter...id miss her too much...samm x

Mines Auto so dont need chocks and but do take the handbrake off

***** said:
Hi folks just a quicky as watching the box.
You should as Trevor says , do not leave the handbrake on as it can stick on.
Also do not leave in gear as the clutch plate can stick and rust!
But u then need wheel chocks to stop it running away!:cool:
oops iwas not thinking sorry

I specifically downsized to a Panel Van Camper so that i could use it as everyday transport as well. When i had a coachbuilt i only ever really used it to go away in. I hated to see it parked on my drive for weeks on end.

cas said:
Looks very modern :D
shes 6 year old cas.......does for what we want.....would like bigger.but all us women are the same............:eek: :eek: :eek:
sorry i couldnt resist...:D :D :D

Biker Jeff said:
I specifically downsized to a Panel Van Camper so that i could use it as everyday transport as well. When i had a coachbuilt i only ever really used it to go away in. I hated to see it parked on my drive for weeks on end.

I donwsized from a lwb pannel van camper to a its a kinda kit coachbuilt I supose, I did use it daily at first but put so many miles on it that I went back to having a car:D

cas said:
I donwsized from a lwb pannel van camper to a its a kinda kit coachbuilt I supose, I did use it daily at first but put so many miles on it that I went back to having a car:D

Cas
Most motorhomes are built on commercial vehicles, which are capable of hundreds of thousands of miles.
You aint ever gotta worry about putting too much mileage on them. In fact i believe they work better when used constantly, as this is what they are originally designed for.

***** said:
Hi Folks.
Yes I can agree with what you say!:cool:
i want to keep mine as low as poss simply for resale value....but if it means leaving at home most the time.......forget it.....:D

although we have been using it to go back 'n' too to work in the past..which we will now not do,as iv been taking dave back 'n' too to work as he's been off driving due to a medical problem but has been given the all clear on weds,but i got used to running him to work so now the m/h will stay at home & i will continue to run him in or vice versa.....samm x

***** said:
Sam.
I do not know if this is applicable with your insurance, buy mine will not cover commuting to & from work.
This would cost more!:eek:
yes already checked......we have commuting on ours too :p

Biker Jeff said:
Cas
Most motorhomes are built on commercial vehicles, which are capable of hundreds of thousands of miles.
You aint ever gotta worry about putting too much mileage on them. In fact i believe they work better when used constantly, as this is what they are originally designed for.

Mine isnt built on a comercial vehical its built on a ford cortina :eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back