Off at last by the skin of our teeth!

noarlunga

We've had the ferry booked for weeks - Portsmouth/Bilbao on Saturday morning (anybody else travelling then?)

I was halfway through installing a new kitchen unit + better waste and fresh water tanks + refillable gas in our self-build when 'bang' goes the engine. Three weeks and a lot of pocket money later we got the van back (last week) and after hours of work I've just finished the new installations so we're off tomorrow - for a month!

So, Bilbao, Haro, Zaragoza, Figueres ( that's Guggenheim, Rioja wine, El Greco & Goya pictures and Salvador Dali museum) - then round the Pyrenees via the coast and up to medieval Carcassonne - the Camargue, up the Rhone, across to pick up the Loire and round to Nantes.

Anybody got any recommendations for unmissable attractions on that route? Is there a nice wilding spot in The Camargue? What about the Spanish/French border - any good coastal overnight spots? Any tips gratefully received.

Johnny A

plage de beauduc on the camargue, the whole area is interesting, white horses, pink flamingos ,miles of beach,park where you like

If you're thinking of the Dali museum at his house at Port Lligat, you'd better book.
We went there yesterday (Wed) & couldn't get in until Sun.
A good place to overnight is Porto de Selva just over the border on the road to Cadaques, a large car park behind a apartment block right on the front.

I went there years ago when he was still alive and in residence! Great place to visit but don't remember a hassle to get in....😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back