Nu-Venture Romahome

• Thread starter Deleted member 54840
  • Start date

Deleted member 54840

Hi, has anyone ever owned one of these?
Nu Venture Rio 1998 - 2 Berth Motorhome - Romahome - Campervan - Camper | eBay

We have a Daihatsu Romahome at present and whilst we love it for its small size, it will fit on our drive which is a necessity where we live and it can be used around town as it is not much bigger than a car, the lack of a toilet and its instability in windy weather, are downsides.

Just thought this looked like a good next step up.
Thanks for any info.

NU-Venture and Romahome are two different companys, we have enjoyed several Romahomes Nu- Venture does not have the same reliability as them it may be an older van with a newer conversion but seems cheap you need a good look at this and a test drive.

Alf

Check the mot history it isn't fantastic condition as the advert describes, sorry if I have put a damper on it but you are best knowing that it needs work now than after you spend your hard earned.

Check the mot history it isn't fantastic condition as the advert describes, sorry if I have put a damper on it but you are best knowing that it needs work now than after you spend your hard earned.

Indeed. The last MOT list the following Advisories;

Oil leak ()
Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases centre (7.1.2)
Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases back box holed and tailpipe missing (7.1.2)
front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
all suspension components corroded
fuel tank strap/cage corroded
OSR light lense smashed

I would want to know that all of these issues have been addressed.

I Have a 2013 side door model .very comfortable practical small van. would recommend thorough damp check , made in Wigan , drives great ,2 Very usable single beds , double a bit of a faff ,up to 40 mpg (6 speed) ,great van for its size.and quite unique.

New venture

Hi, we have just swopped are ( surf ) by new venture, same as the rio but on a Citroen Berlingo base with the older 1800 deisel engine an 05 Reg.Later models with the 1600 engine are better. A great little van it would fit in any car space, but it struggled on long hills on the motorway. We had it for five years. The reason for changing we bought two fold up bikes which would only fit up the inside. A bit of a pain moving in and out. The van was a very useful every day vehicle with a loo.

Indeed. The last MOT list the following Advisories;

Oil leak ()
Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases centre (7.1.2)
Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases back box holed and tailpipe missing (7.1.2)
front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
all suspension components corroded
fuel tank strap/cage corroded
OSR light lense smashed

I would want to know that all of these issues have been addressed.

Sorry to be naive/ daft, but I had no idea you could check a vehicles previous MOT! How did you do that?
Thanks for doing it! Sounds like there are plenty of issues with this one. We are just considering the small van options at the moment.

Don't apologise! I'm very grateful for your interest and if it needs a lot of work, it is not the one for us as we are not very handy!

Hi, has anyone ever owned one of these?
Nu Venture Rio 1998 - 2 Berth Motorhome - Romahome - Campervan - Camper | eBay

We have a Daihatsu Romahome at present and whilst we love it for its small size, it will fit on our drive which is a necessity where we live and it can be used around town as it is not much bigger than a car, the lack of a toilet and its instability in windy weather, are downsides.

Just thought this looked like a good next step up.
Thanks for any info.

I love these. Does it have a lowered floor at the kitchen like a romahome? Can't quite tell from the pictures.

I love these. Does it have a lowered floor at the kitchen like a romahome? Can't quite tell from the pictures.

No, that was on the Berlingo based ones like Rae's. These slightly bigger ones on Scudos and Experts are flat in the rear.

Forum member Allen has one.

No, that was on the Berlingo based ones like Rae's. These slightly bigger ones on Scudos and Experts are flat in the rear.

Forum member Allen has one.
And I love it...
Small enough to use as my (only) everyday vehicle, yet large enough to be comfortable when camping.
The only downside is the height. Using a multi-storey car park is impossible.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back