Nowhere to park

reynolds29

Hi everyone.

Just came back from a few days wild camping on norfolk coast.
Spent most of the time trying to find somewhere to park, as signs everywhere not allowing caravans/motorhomes and campervans.
We could not even go on any car parks near enough for the grandchild to walk to the beach.
In the end, I had to drop them off at the car park and book into a campsite for a night. £18.00 just so we could go on the beach for a few hours.
I'm being forced into selling the motorhome, because we can't go anywhere and still injoy ourselves, because of the stress of spending most of the day parking.... and if I'm staying on campsites. Why pay for Road tax-mot-insurance ect. Be much cheaper to have a small caravan...

Hi everyone.

Just came back from a few days wild camping on norfolk coast.
Spent most of the time trying to find somewhere to park, as signs everywhere not allowing caravans/motorhomes and campervans.
We could not even go on any car parks near enough for the grandchild to walk to the beach.
In the end, I had to drop them off at the car park and book into a campsite for a night. £18.00 just so we could go on the beach for a few hours.
I'm being forced into selling the motorhome, because we can't go anywhere and still injoy ourselves, because of the stress of spending most of the day parking.... and if I'm staying on campsites. Why pay for Road tax-mot-insurance ect. Be much cheaper to have a small caravan...

Hi reynolds29,
I agree with you, the Norfolk coast is not a wildcampers dream having just spent 10 days touring, and walking. We stayed on C&CC Certificated sites in the end, at £5/£6 a night.
Don't give up the Motorhome because of this, lots of wildcamping spots around the country, just need to travel a bit farther from home.
Read some of the Forums, hope it changes your mid.

Happy Camping:)

Thats sounds very sad that you want to give up your motorhome. We havnt ventured into that part of the world with ours - but you wouldnt imagine that it could be any different to the rest of the country.

You said there were signs everywhere but were there barriers? because barriers are more of an issue. YOu can ignore a few signs!

all the best
Craig

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back