Now gone for recycling ---Maps and guides for Europe

mry716

PLEASE NOTE - I will now agree to post as long as it is 4-5 or more items rather than throwing them away.
I am deleting items on the list as they are taken eg Ireland, France, Germany and Scandanavia have now gone.

We have now sold our Camper but still have a good collection of material that would be great for others - see list below.

We are only 6 miles from the A1, if you get off at Grantham, and you are welcome to use our drive as a camping stop for the night with exterior electricity and water and a glass of wine !

Message me to arrange a visit.

MAPS AND TOURIST GUIDES FOR SOME EUROPEAN COUNTRIES

ITALY

AA Road Atlas Italy

Marco Polo Italy Route Guide

Michelin 2014 Tourist & Motoring Atlas Italy

Berlitz Pocket Guide Tuscany and Umbria

Berlitz Pocket Guide Milan & the Italian Lakes

Thomas Cook Traveller Guides. Italian Lakes including Milan

Thomas Cook Traveller Guides. Florence and Tuscany

AA Best Drives. The Italian Lakes & Northern Italy

Michelin. Tuscany

Michelin. Italy

Aree di Sosta. (Camp sites) Italy

DK. Eyewitness Travel. Back Roads Northern & Central Italy

ROMANIA

Lonely Planet. Romania

Bradt Travel Guide. Transylvania

SWITZERLAND

Berlitz Pocket Guide. Switzerland

Michelin. Green Guide Switzerland

Marco Polo Scenic Routes Map Switzerland

AUSTRIA

Michelin. Austria

Austria Road Atlas. Freytag & Berndt

Hammond International Road Map Austria

Philips Austria Road Map with city plans

DK. Eyewitness Travel Guides. Austria

AA Essential Austria

Thomas Cook Traveller Guides. Austria

Fodor. Austria

OTHER

Dubrovnik & the Dalmatian Coast. Marco Polo Guide

Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Hercegovina Marco Polo Road Atlas

Hungary. Marco Polo Road Atlas

Last edited:
I really cannot believe that none of the other members would like or need some of the books and maps we are giving away - have another look at the list ready for your next year's holiday !

It's a great collection but I don't think we will be back in the UK for a couple of years

Everything is now on a smart ph so old hat sorry to say, google maps or maps me etc.

It's a lovely kind offer. I hope someone wants them. I still have all the old maps and guides the motorhome legend DonMadge gave me when he packed up. Still interesting to look over a paper map, especially Don's as he marked routes and other stuff on them.

Maybe anyone who wants them could arrange their own courier?

That is a wonderful array of books. You must have had some amazing trips. There are one or two I would like but postage is expensive. I often get mine from the Lions book shop at £1.50 each. But thank you for the offer.

Shame to bin them so perhaps offer to post them to whoever needs them at cost.
Posting is such a hassle - even finding suitable packing is a problem. Just posted a small parcel this morning and it took over 1 hour to sort and get ready for a collection tomorrow AND I have to be here to have it collected !

Besides if folk visit we meet new friends !

Indeed, I have 5 books to go, the covers are faded and a bit scuffed but in the end I might end up putting them in a charity shop, not binning them for sure.

I would much prefer for folk to collect esp as anyone travelling N-South or S-North is only a few mins away from us BUT I will post as long as I am sending 4-5 or more items at a time. I would rather have the hassle than bin them.

Royal Mail Tracked 48 hour is only £3.29 - so quite cheap considering letter rates

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back