Not the ideal newspaper headline: CHILD INFECTED?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3270
  • Start date

Deleted member 3270

East Coast - Car Terrace - Must Read

Hi.
Read a report on wildcamping at Car Terrace near Mablethorpe. The write up was interesting - we tried it this weekend - excellent!!! White - well nearly white beaches, loads of space, many other vans but we did not see Mr Blue High Top cos he said we should knock for a cup of tea seeing as he posted the mail we read. Anyway, we had a lovely evening, enough space to get out all your barbies (not the doll type) and sizzle your sausages! No boy racers during the night, no loud music, no disturbances at all.
BUT: Sunday morning , we woke to sunshine blazing through the windows and at 7 a.m. we put the kettle on for a cuppa. We watched a few fishermen but, one in particular caught our interest. He clearly had a disability: he was fishing and he made repeatedly, strange motions like pulling his trousers up, shuffling, short stepping and crouching onto the ground in between his casts etc.. dont know what time he had arrived but he stayed for about an hour and caught a fish!! Good man! He returned to his car, injected himself with some kind of medication. He drove off in a dark blue hatchback - we didn't pay any attention at the time but when we walked along the car park - there it was - glass smashed and a 2 inch needle. My grandson could have trodden on that and there are lots of children playing. I picked it up (with paper) and put it into the bin which was 10 feet away!
I know some people complain about motorhome owners leaving a mess - no way. We all take our rubbish away with us.
If anybody visits Car Terrace, please look out for this man as he clearly has no regard for anyone else and he needs reporting.
Consider - this person lives relatively local as he only brought his fishing gear. He may visit regularly and do this kind of thoughtless act daily, and in other spots along the coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you had a good time besides the idiot with the needle, haven't seen him my self but next time I'm over there I'll keep an eye out, aways have a video camera with us so will take some evidence of the act if he returns.
Hopefully we'll be back over on the 10th of july( yet to be confirmed) for the weekend. and we are the same, take nothing but photo's, leave nothing but foot prints, well I say we take nothing, end up sweeping about 1/2 a ton of sand out the van when we return home :D

Hi!
It was you we were looking out for -and that cup of tea too!! Thanks for that Simong . Nice spot! We'll look for you next time.
You've obviously read our 'news' however, we were unable to place info on general east coast chat - new to this. Appreciate if you could forward to more people. Thanks n- Wendy & Keith

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back