Not Spain & Portugal

Not updated for a while. Today its cold, wet and windy; so am staying put and catching up on things.
For me Slovenia is better than Croatia. Croatia, away from the coastal strip, is bleak with very stoney ground, mostly very sparcly inhabited. The Pitivic lakes and Kirka Nationall parks are worth visiting. I preferred Kirka, but that could have been because the weather was better when I visited.
Slovenia is much more verdant. The place seems cleaner and better cared for. Ljubljana is a pleasantly small capital city. Maribor in the NE of the country has a ski centre on the outskirts of town, which has a Gondola lift to let lazy people (like me) to get wonderful views over the town. The former Mercury mine at Idrija is a different visit opportunity. Slovenian wine is worth discovering. English is spoken everywhere.
I will be going back into Italy in the next couple of days.

CDE23A8E-E3F9-4107-8F48-E2C4CEAFC4CA.jpgGood synopsis Meg. We much prefer Slovenia to Croatia. However we had five weeks in Slovenia and the weather was good, which it was not when we were in Croatia.

Andf unny enough, here’s James in his Slovenia T.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back