not happy with Aib

slonger

I renewed my motorhome insurance on the 3rd of July 2017, at a cost of £419 + £78 for break down cover, on the 21st of August I got a quote to change my vehicle. The motorhome I have purchased is the exact same model just 4 years newer and worth £5000 more that I originally insured my motorhome for I was gobsmacked to be told the extra premium would be £230, when I questioned why it was such a big increase I was told because it was a new vehicle to me. Has anybody used caravan guard insurance? they have quoted £532 including breakdown cover, after my refund of premium from AIB it will work out cheaper to take a new policy with them.
Steve

I renewed my motorhome insurance on the 3rd of July 2017, at a cost of £419 + £78 for break down cover, on the 21st of August I got a quote to change my vehicle. The motorhome I have purchased is the exact same model just 4 years newer and worth £5000 more that I originally insured my motorhome for I was gobsmacked to be told the extra premium would be £230, when I questioned why it was such a big increase I was told because it was a new vehicle to me. Has anybody used caravan guard insurance? they have quoted £532 including breakdown cover, after my refund of premium from AIB it will work out cheaper to take a new policy with them.
Steve

I am with AIB and found them very helpful has the value of your'new' vehicle increased?

Changed our van in April and paid a few quid extra. This week renewed for a year with AIB and of the others I tried none were within £90 of their quote of well under £400 including Europe and breakdown. I can't complain at that. Mark me happy.

I have been with Caravan Gaurd for 4 years. I do the usual search for cheaper quotes every year but cannot be arsed changing to save a paltry £20.00 or so.
Never claimed apart from a recent windscreen replacement which cost me an excess of £100.00. The claim was handled quickly and without any problems by Autoglass.

I use caravan guard under £400 Inc recovery £30 000 van full NCD . Comfort are a similar price.

Last edited:
I've always insured with caravan guard. Never claimed, but never had a problem, I just let the policy roll on each year. It's still cheaper than insuring my old discovery 13 years ago.
Jon

I have just changed from AIB to Caravan Guard coincidentally,never had to claim on either insurance so I can't comment on their claims policy but CG do get consistently good reviews.

Steve

I have asked the Managing Director of AIB to look into this.

The best deal I got was from Adrian Flux and their customer service is very good. They were £95.00 cheaper than AIB even after the discount.

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back