Noss Head

jann

There's a parking meter installed here,covered up at the moment. 24 hours for a motorhome will be £10.
Aĺso meters in Golspie with same sign

Great idea. Hopefully it’s well policed because after the Glencoe honestly box experiment it was proved motorhomers will try and sneak in and out without paying.

Great idea. Hopefully it’s well policed because after the Glencoe honestly box experiment it was proved motorhomers will try and sneak in and out without paying.

I don`t believe that o_O

Motorhomers are the most reliable, honest, salt of the earth people on the planet and would never do such an abhorrent deed ................. would they :unsure:

I don`t believe that o_O

Motorhomers are the most reliable, honest, salt of the earth people on the planet and would never do such an abhorrent deed ................. would they :unsure:
You would think so but apparently not. Glencoe ski resort put up an honesty box asking motorhomers overnighting in car park to make a donation. I’m not exactly sure of the figures but but I think suggested donation was a fiver and after a week or so and over one hundred motorhomes overnighted I think there was about 15quid in the box😳. I can’t remember correct figures but it shows if fitting parking meters they will need the staff to police it.

I saw this happen in a car park in Cornwall. We parked up for the night and bought a ticket, then 2 more motorhomes arrived and made no attempt to pay.

A bit later on a warden turned up and as they had no tickets displayed he made them go to the machine and pay. We chatted with the warden the next morning and he said it happens all the time.

I saw this happen in a car park in Cornwall. We parked up for the night and bought a ticket, then 2 more motorhomes arrived and made no attempt to pay.

A bit later on a warden turned up and as they had no tickets displayed he made them go to the machine and pay. We chatted with the warden the next morning and he said it happens all the time.
You see it all the time at Loch an Eilein. Arriving after the car park attendant has left and leaving before he arrives. Old Donald was good as he would bang on their door at 6am when he came to clean the toilets if they hadn’t paid the night before.

Yip so for 25p an hour at Glencoe Motorhomers tried to sneak away if figures are correct.
Talk about ruin it for everyone,who needs those type of motorhomers.
We should be trying to win over people so they welcome us 👏
Card on file Anpr when you go in Anpr and pay when you leave then when they have forgotten!!!! To pay it’s done to help them.

Yip so for 25p an hour at Glencoe Motorhomers tried to sneak away if figures are correct.
Card on file Anpr when you go in Anpr and pay when you leave then when they have forgotten!!!! To pay it’s done to help them.
Just the same on the paid aires in France.

People in 300,000€ Morelo Palace motorhomes in a sheer panic to get away before the person collecting the money which is very often as little as 5€ or 6€ comes round at approx 09.00am o_O :eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:

Similarly they all take their dogs for a walk which just happens to coincide with the time the person that comes around in the evening o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:

These people should be named and shamed.
I witnessed the same behaviour at Elie, the wardens taking three owners to the parking machines to pay their dues. It’s embarrassing, it makes you want to weep with despair. Those running the carparks only introduced charges to try and stem overuse by idiots, now those idiots don’t want to pay charges brought in due to their poor behaviour. When will some learn that our reputation lies in the gutters, and they are feeding the landowners, the envious, and the uninformed with all the ammunition they need to hurt us all.

They never will Bill, they never will and just move on somewhere else and bugger up that on as well 🤬 :mad:🤬:mad:
Sadly as with all groups or communities there are idiots Graham. But most other groups don’t suffer the way way do with unfair discrimination, which is accentuated by such appalling behaviour. How can someone fork out a six figure sum for a Motorhome then behave so poorly, it beggars belief. But then we see it everywhere selfish behaviour. I only have to walk outside to see litter thrown from cars, and by pedestrians, something I have never done, even as a boy. During covid for the first time ever we witnessed litter at the top of mountains, unbelievable. :(

You only have to go on Preston Docks, oops sorry Marina and go on the car park looking into the dock basin which has a McDonald`s behind it any evening and you`ll see lots of unmentionable young men all sat in their cars with the engines running to keep warm secretly eating their Big Macs ( how very naughty of them o_O )

Then when they leave all the MaccyD`s rubbish is just tossed out of the window despite there being waste/rubbish bins on the footpath right in front of them.

Similarly the same thing happens abroad and one year on the aire at Gap, France the young men eating their Maccy D`s did the same when they left, i went over with a black bin liner picked up their rubbish, bagged it and put it in the large wheely bin that was a few yards away.

There was 1 other British motorhome on there and when i was comng back he was outside having a smoke and asked what i was doing so i told him to which he replied ...............................

Why, it`s not your job o_Oso i said to him ........................... if you can`t work that one out there`s not much hope for you, is there ?

Not easy to fit such infrastructure at the base of a mountain and the cost would be too much as these ski resorts don’t make a lot of money. They were relying on the good honest nature of motorhomers but the experiment proved good honest motorhomers are the minority here. Unfortunately😢🤬

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back