Norway Autopass tag invoice payment

dickandjill

Free Member
We are heading to Norway in July in our camper and will be getting an Autopass Tag for toll road payments etc
I have read that I will be invoiced for payments due after 30 days but can't get me head around how to make payment from the uk using my bank account or debit card
The Fremtind website just mentions Avtalegiro , eInvoice and Vipps
Has anyone paid there invoice from a uk account and how did you do it ?
Thanks

I am looking at Fremtind as well.
I use Starling bank with a Euro account so I am hoping/expecting to either pay in euros
or pay direct to their banks using the fx facility in the Starling £ account.
One communication has confirmed they will refund when all is done.
Look forward to reading what you find out

We used fremtind and had difficulty paying with revolut. It should have been easy and cheap but fremtinds bank refused the revolut international transfer. That may be a problem with a typo on my revolut card but fremtind claimed that they did not accept revolut. I then tried paying by Internet through an account at Wise. Fremtind said that would not work but it did, 3 times.
I did not try paying through my Santander bank account as the 25 pound fee for each transaction was more than the bill!
There is a lot of use made of Vipps for small payments in Norway but you cannot register unless you live in Norway, with the right paperwork.

Seems like Fremtind make it difficult to pay from the UK
Does anyone use one of the other suppliers of the Autopass Tag that are easier to pay your invoice from the UK ?

We used fremtind and had difficulty paying with revolut. It should have been easy and cheap but fremtinds bank refused the revolut international transfer. That may be a problem with a typo on my revolut card but fremtind claimed that they did not accept revolut. I then tried paying by Internet through an account at Wise. Fremtind said that would not work but it did, 3 times.
I did not try paying through my Santander bank account as the 25 pound fee for each transaction was more than the bill!
There is a lot of use made of Vipps for small payments in Norway but you cannot register unless you live in Norway, with the right paperwork.
Similar in Sweden.
I an hoping my Starling debit card will work for small purchases.
My JaJa credit card worked well last time for both fuel and shopping.⁶
I would prefer to use Starling by wifi card for payments of say under £25.
It should bre that "Fremtind" covers road tolls and ferries( (Norway).
Camps and stellplatz ???? Last time cash but Scandinavia is very very cashless !

Seems like Fremtind make it difficult to pay from the UK
Does anyone use one of the other suppliers of the Autopass Tag that are easier to pay your invoice from the UK ?
Just found out that Brobizz wallow you to pay with visa debit card so thats good news 😊
Has anyone else used them before ?

Attachments

• Brobizz payment options.png
    Brobizz payment options.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for the link but I thought that by using NPR that they calculate my road usage I'd just get billed at home automatically
Perhaps I did it wrong but I got a transceiver and opened an account, which meant I got 20% discount on tolls, but was billed every time I went above 500NOK , (about monthly ferries and bridges were the big costs). Then I had to pay within 14 days. I did not think that would be a problem with revolut, but it was. Solution "Wise" was fine.

Similar in Sweden.
Camps and stellplatz ???? Last time cash but Scandinavia is very very cashless !
We are hoping our Halifax and Nationwide cards work as they incure no charges and have excellent exchange rates.. we have used them worldwide but not in Sweden or Norway...

Still no idea who to use for tolls.

We are hoping our Halifax and Nationwide cards work as they incure no charges and have excellent exchange rates.. we have used them worldwide but not in Sweden or Norway...

Jaja and starling much the same !
I may well go with fremtind as they also discount some ferries.
They have a toll calculator.
Full price ok but their discount is good and relieves the pain.
Many tunnels near trondheim but cheap even at full prices as they are shortish.
Most of the tunnels further north were free !! Or were in 2016.
For me given the overall cost of fuel the tolls is no big deal.
Ferries a bit painful.
All mitigated by cheap or free overnights !

We have a Nationwide account too. I could not find out for sure what an international money transfer was to Fremtind in NOK but it seemed to be a swift payment and would cost £20. I would not assume no charges for international transfers, evennif no other charges.

We have a Nationwide account too. I could not find out for sure what an international money transfer was to Fremtind in NOK but it seemed to be a swift payment and would cost £20. I would not assume no charges for international transfers, evennif no other charges.
I have a old gold credit card ,not a bank account one. They keep trying to update me with a new one the new ones charge different rates for services. I only get charged if I take cash out.

Yes swift payment incur a cost
with Starling £100 gets yoo 1115 nok inclusive of costs.
My currency converter suggested 1185 nok so 70 nok lost.
Debit card transaction incur zero. cost just a matter of the exchange rate

I ordered a Brobizz Autopass tag yesterday as they will accept visa payment only to read this morning in the small print that "From the 1st of February 2023 you can no longer use your bizz from Brobizz to pay in Norway as Norway will be introducing new technical requrements for bizzes used for paying toll in Noway. These changes mean that our private customers can no longer use their bizz for payment of tolls on Norwegian roads tunnels and ferry routes from 1st Feb 2023"
I wonder if this will be the same for all autopass tag suppliers ?
I have emailed Fremtind and am waiting for a reply

Attachments

• Brobiz .png
    Brobiz .png
    118 KB · Views: 41
Similar in Sweden.
No problem with Starling in Sweden used it all throughout June and July 2022

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back