Northern Spain and Portugal

ian81

Hi all
Just about to reenter France after 6 weeks travelling along the northern Spanish coast round to Portugal and Porto. Then along the Douro and back into Spain via Salamanca and across the plains to Veilla where we are currently in a car park with free WiFi from somewhere!!
We have found wild spots every night and only paid twice -once for a car park where where we overnighted in Porto and in Spain where we turned up to a car park 20 minutes early -before the attendant left for the night.
Wild spots have been plentiful and in the main quiet -over half the nights we have been on our own. Hope to publish more details soon.
We have felt safe and met some very friendly people as well as finding excellent food and a very good price. The weather has been pleasant -some rain in the early weeks but that was mainly at night and temperatures have not been too insufferable.

sounds like your having a great time...keep you eye out for graham & kath they on hols around that area right now..sammx

I`m so jealous We just got back 4 weeks ago from doing the same journey We didn`t spent that much time in Spain wasnt bothered but Portugal we stayed there 4 weeks and /France wow! absolutely great.We were away 3 months. We hope to get back in January .That was out first trip to Europe the driving was no problem.Dont know why we were so worried about it lol Enjoy the rest of your holiday and let us know more when you get back .
Val

Spain/Portugal

Hi
How i envy you!
Still we are doing the Spain/Portugal trip in December for 8 weeks coming into Spain from the south and eventually leaving for home from Portugal.
We are stopping in aires in France and have booked sites in Spain and Portugal, but as yet have no idea where we are going to overnight on our way back to France!
Any info you can give on the whereabouts of overnight stops in northern Spain will be much appreciated.
Safe journey home.
Bob.

Hi all
A notable feature of the trip was a lack of Brit's (in cars or MH's). We are now back at our French holiday home and planning next trips.

Hope to publish more info when I get round to editing the gps logs. Basically on the way out we started at Guernika and kept to the coast round to Porto staying at the Playas (plenty of water) or the Cabo's.

Also look at the Spanish web site www.lapaca.org for locations.

Refillable gas in Spain is an issue but we found 2 locations in Galicia and hope to publish details on how to find them.

Here is a Map of some LPG fill up points in Spain:-

Attachments

• LPG in Spain2.JPG
    LPG in Spain2.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 106
JohnSandyWhite said:
Here is a Map of some LPG fill up points in Spain:-
I had a map similar to this and some vague instructions from a German web site but finding the two in Galicia was a bit of a challenge. They are not part of a 'normal' filling station -rather a pump situated in a gas distribution depot. Incidentally equipped with a UK style bayonet.

In Vigo the local Repsol station folk didn't know of the existence of the gas pump just round the corner.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back