northern Germany and Poland

rockape

Its been a busy year and had not a lot of time to get away, however ,april my plan is to leave via Dunkirk and head for northern Poland taking in North Germany.
Rugen and Pennemunde I want to see , are there any other interesting places on the way up.

In all honesty, the whole of the Baltic coast is lovely.

It all depends on what you like. I would strongly recommend U995 at Laboe, Stralsund, and Schwerin.

To travel from Swinoujscie into Poland remember that you need to be a local to travel the shortest route, but a short diversion south takes you over the border by an alternative free ferry.

Once in Poland, the World is your Lobster, but again, I strongly recommend visiting the Teutonic Fortress of Malbork. There is a great campsite adjacent the Nogat at 54.04554, 19.02540 with a 100m walk to the fortress.

There is a Commonwealth War Cemetery not too far away on the edge of town. I visited on a bike to pay my respects on behalf of the families that couldn't make the journey.

After that, consider the DK Eyewitness Guide as Poland has so much to see and do.

In 2016 we travelled to Berlin and then from Poland's Baltic coast and south to the mountains. Details here

Highly recommend Poland, wildcamping no problem.

In Germany recommend the German Border Museum (Grenzmuseum Schifflergrund), fascinating although not much interpretation in English also the ‘Overcoming Borders – From Dictatorship to Democracy’ exhibition, although the exhibition may have moved on.

We stayed here the night before, a CR, Asbach-Sickenberg, 51.28171 10.02742 which is close by. There is a Stelplatz at museum, 3 euro

Its been a busy year and had not a lot of time to get away, however ,april my plan is to leave via Dunkirk and head for northern Poland taking in North Germany.
Rugen and Pennemunde I want to see , are there any other interesting places on the way up.
Why not come over the ferry crossing Harwich - Hook of Holland? It sets you up nicely for driving into Germany after a short hop across The Netherlands.

Why not come over the ferry crossing Harwich - Hook of Holland? It sets you up nicely for driving into Germany after a short hop across The Netherlands.
Sorry, but Harwich ,for me is well out of the way , Dunkirk to Clogland in a couple of hours for me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back